Chapters 1 and 2
• Rick Walker is before the juvenile judge for throwing rocks at a stop sign. Rick says he does not know why he threw the rocks.
• The judge decides he has no conscience, and compares him to a murderer. Rick's probation officer and social worker comes into the court.
• The social worker, Janice Baker, tells Rick he should apologize but Rick is angry and refuses.
• Rick was raised by his grandmother who died when he was ten, and then was in different foster homes in four different cities.
• Rick now lives in a group home and the probation officer, Mike Brown, says he does not know Rick well and has visited the home only three times.
• Rick says he doesn't know who he is when the judge asks except he knows that he is angry. The judge sentences him to a Detention Center.
• The Detention Center is...
This section contains 2,611 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)