|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The tomb that hold the upper half of a boy's body in Chapter Ten has a warning etched on the glass. The warning says, "Let this half-shank be a warning to all: You can't escape through" what?
(a) The Box Hole.
(b) The South Door.
(c) The Griever Hole.
(d) The Maze.
2. Who brings Thomas lunch while he's in the Slammer in Chapter Thirty?
3. Who greets Thomas and Minho when the Doors open and they reenter the Glade in Chapter Twenty-Two?
4. How long is the Griever described that first approaches Thomas as he hides in the vines in Chapter Nineteen?
(a) 20 feet long.
(b) 3 feet long.
(c) 6 feet long.
(d) 10 feet long.
5. What is the name of the boy that is crazed and going through the Changing in Chapter Four?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl that has come to Thomas through his thoughts in Chapter Twenty-Nine?
2. How frequently does Alby say the boys receive supplies from the Box in Chapter Seven?
3. What weapons does Minho say the runners typically take with them when going into the Maze in Chapter Thirty-Two?
4. How high off the ground does Thomas make it into the vines when he must stop and hide in Chapter Eighteen?
5. Where does Thomas go to sleep for the night in the beginning of Chapter Twenty-Nine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alby describe the structure and divisions within the Glade? What is each area's designation?
2. How does Thomas go about rescuing Alby in Chapter Eighteen?
3. What does Thomas do when he is surrounded by Grievers in Chapter Twenty-One?
4. What does Thomas encounter as he makes his way back to the Glade in Chapter Ten? Who leaps out and frightens Thomas?
5. How is the setting of the Slammer described in Chapter Thirty? How would you describe Thomas's experience there?
6. How do the Keepers respond to Minho's suggestion at the Gathering in Chapter Twenty-Five? What does Minho say to back up his suggestion?
7. How is the setting described that Thomas finds himself in after exiting the Box in Chapter Two? Who surrounds him?
8. What does Newt take Thomas to see in Chapter Six? What frightens Thomas in this setting?
9. What does Alby tell Thomas about his history in the Glade in Chapter Seven? What does he reveal about the Maze?
10. How is the ritual of the Banishing described in Chapter Fourteen? Who participates in the ritual?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)