|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that Thomas replace him as the Keeper of the Runners at the Gathering in Chapter Twenty-Four?
2. Who brings Thomas lunch while he's in the Slammer in Chapter Thirty?
3. The tomb that hold the upper half of a boy's body in Chapter Ten has a warning etched on the glass. The warning says, "Let this half-shank be a warning to all: You can't escape through" what?
(a) The South Door.
(b) The Box Hole.
(c) The Maze.
(d) The Griever Hole.
4. How large is the courtyard said to be that Thomas finds himself in, in Chapter Two?
(a) The size of an airport landing strip.
(b) The size of several football fields.
(c) The size of a city block.
(d) The size of Thomas's backyard at home.
5. Where does Alby say the Gladers get the Grief Serum from in Chapter Twenty-Two?
(a) It arrives with supplies from the Box.
(b) They get it from a well.
(c) They make it from river water.
(d) They make it from tree sap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Thomas's punishment for breaking the number one rule of the Gladers in Chapter Twenty-Six?
2. What is the name of the boy that is crazed and going through the Changing in Chapter Four?
3. What group of Gladers are the only ones allowed to go into the Maze?
4. Where does Newt say he was injured as a Runner in Chapter Fifteen?
5. What is one aspect that Newt describes happening to a person during the Changing in Chapter Twenty-Three?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Keepers respond to Minho's suggestion at the Gathering in Chapter Twenty-Five? What does Minho say to back up his suggestion?
2. What happens as the Griever approaches the Wall in Chapter Nineteen? What does Thomas do?
3. How does Thomas escape the Griever at the Wall in Chapter Twenty? What does he encounter next?
4. What occurs when Thomas approaches the East Door, despite Chuck's warnings, in Chapter Four?
5. Why is Newt worried in Chapter Sixteen? What does Thomas do about the situation?
6. What does Thomas encounter once he's inside the Maze in Chapter Seventeen? What are Minho and Alby doing?
7. What information does Chuck relate to Thomas when he runs up in the beginning of Chapter Thirteen?
8. What does Alby tell Thomas about his history in the Glade in Chapter Seven? What does he reveal about the Maze?
9. What do the leaders of the Gladers do upon the arrival of the girl in Chapter Nine? How is the girl's condition described?
10. What information does Chuck relate to Thomas when he visits him in recovery in Chapter Twenty-Three?
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)