|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The gravestone that looks the oldest in the cemetery has what name painted on it in Chapter Ten?
2. Who suggests that Thomas replace him as the Keeper of the Runners at the Gathering in Chapter Twenty-Four?
3. What word does Thomas see printed on the torso of a beetle blade in Chapter Nine?
4. Where does the Runner claim he saw a dead Griever in the beginning of Chapter Thirteen?
(a) In the cemetery.
(b) By the Cliff.
(c) In the Deadheads.
(d) In the Homestead.
5. The tomb that hold the upper half of a boy's body in Chapter Ten has a warning etched on the glass. The warning says, "Let this half-shank be a warning to all: You can't escape through" what?
(a) The Griever Hole.
(b) The Box Hole.
(c) The South Door.
(d) The Maze.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what weapon does Ben threaten Thomas in Chapter Eleven?
2. Who oversees all of the cooking and food preparation for the Gladers?
3. What group of Gladers are the only ones allowed to go into the Maze?
4. What does Alby tell Newt to protect as he drifts back to sleep in the end of Chapter Twenty-Seven?
5. Where is Thomas able to kick and injure the Griever as he flees down the vines on the Wall in Chapter Twenty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alby tell Thomas about his history in the Glade in Chapter Seven? What does he reveal about the Maze?
2. What does Thomas encounter once he's inside the Maze in Chapter Seventeen? What are Minho and Alby doing?
3. What information does Chuck relate to Thomas when he visits him in recovery in Chapter Twenty-Three?
4. What statements and suggestions are made at the Gathering regarding Thomas in Chapter Twenty-Four?
5. What decision do the Keepers reach regarding Thomas at the Gathering in Chapter Twenty-Six?
6. How do the Keepers respond to Minho's suggestion at the Gathering in Chapter Twenty-Five? What does Minho say to back up his suggestion?
7. How does Thomas go about rescuing Alby in Chapter Eighteen?
8. Who comes to release Thomas from the Slammer in Chapter Thirty-One? What information does Thomas learn from this character?
9. What happens as the Griever approaches the Wall in Chapter Nineteen? What does Thomas do?
10. What information does Chuck relate to Thomas when he runs up in the beginning of Chapter Thirteen?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)