|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who proclaims Ben's crimes and punishment during the Banishment in Chapter Fourteen?
2. What is the only thing Thomas can remember about his life as the novel begins in Chapter One?
(a) His parents' faces.
(b) His childhood bedroom.
(c) His name.
(d) His birthday.
3. What is the single item of furniture in the Slammer?
(a) A chair.
(b) A table.
(c) A bed.
(d) A book shelf.
4. Who are the Med-jacks that carry away the girl to the Homestead in Chapter Nine?
(a) Newt and Chuck.
(b) Alby and Gally.
(c) Jack and Mark.
(d) Clint and Jeff.
5. What do Thomas and Newt get to eat after leaving the Homestead in Chapter Twenty-Eight?
(a) Roast beef and potatoes.
(c) Potato salad and French fries.
(d) Cheese sandwiches and vegetables.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Thomas forced to do once the Griever begins climbing the wall in the beginning of Chapter Twenty?
2. Who does Newt say has run off and disappeared in Chapter Twenty-Eight?
3. How long is the aluminum pole that is brought out for Ben's Banishment in Chapter Thirteen?
4. The tomb that hold the upper half of a boy's body in Chapter Ten has a warning etched on the glass. The warning says, "Let this half-shank be a warning to all: You can't escape through" what?
5. Who protects Thomas when Ben tries to attack him in Chapter Eleven?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Thomas, Newt, and Chuck go to the Homestead to see Alby in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
2. How is the setting described that Thomas finds himself in after exiting the Box in Chapter Two? Who surrounds him?
3. What does Newt take Thomas to see in Chapter Six? What frightens Thomas in this setting?
4. What does Thomas encounter once he's inside the Maze in Chapter Seventeen? What are Minho and Alby doing?
5. How does Thomas escape the Griever at the Wall in Chapter Twenty? What does he encounter next?
6. How does Alby describe the structure and divisions within the Glade? What is each area's designation?
7. What statements and suggestions are made at the Gathering regarding Thomas in Chapter Twenty-Four?
8. How does Thomas go about rescuing Alby in Chapter Eighteen?
9. Where does Minho take Thomas to equip him as a Runner in Chapter Thirty-Two? What equipment does Thomas receive?
10. What does Alby tell Thomas about his history in the Glade in Chapter Seven? What does he reveal about the Maze?
This section contains 1,200 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)