Chapters 1 - 3
1. What is the only thing Thomas can remember about his life as the novel begins in Chapter One?
(a) His childhood bedroom.
(b) His birthday.
(c) His parents' faces.
(d) His name.
2. How does Thomas get out of the Box in Chapter One?
(a) He takes an escalator.
(b) He is carried out by the boys.
(c) A rope is lowered to him.
(d) A hover-craft lifts him out.
3. How large is the courtyard said to be that Thomas finds himself in, in Chapter Two?
(a) The size of a city block.
(b) The size of several football fields.
(c) The size of an airport landing strip.
(d) The size of Thomas's backyard at home.
4. What is the name that new arrivals in the Glade are called?
5. Who says he will take Thomas on a tour of the Glade the following day in in Chapter Two?
This section contains 4,454 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)