|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will crew the two captured French ships?
(a) Unfit elements from his crew.
(b) The French supervised by two of his trusted officers.
(c) The French under vow of honor.
(d) The prize crew which are the youngest men on the ship.
2. How far is Mauritius when the squadron sets sail?
(a) 1500 miles.
(b) 1085 miles.
(c) 2885 miles.
(d) 5000 miles.
3. Why doesn't Aubrey have a command?
(a) He is on sick leave.
(b) He is on leave.
(c) There are more captains than ships.
(d) His ship was sunk.
4. What ship has Aubrey been given to command?
(a) The longship Victoria.
(b) The frigate Boadicea.
(c) The firgate Venus.
(d) The sloop Nadine.
5. Who is Dr. McAdam?
(a) Clonfert's personal physician and ship's surgeon.
(b) Corbett's personal physician and ship's surgeon.
(c) Aubrey's surgeon.
(d) Maturin's mentor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of Captain is Corbett known to be?
2. What does Bertie give Captain Aubrey?
3. Who has been captured?
4. How does Aubrey find life at home?
5. Who reaches Cape Town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the squadron goes to Rodriguez and then where do they go and what happens there?
2. Why does Maturin go ashore at Mauritius and what information does he use?
3. How do the British officials at Cape Town feel about Aubrey's first naval action and what do they do there with the ships?
4. What happened to Corbett's ship?
5. What do Keating and Aubrey do on La Reunion?
6. Where does the squadron go when it leaves Cape Town and what does Maturin do there?
7. Who will be meeting the French force at Mauritius?
8. With what does Maturin enlist Mr. Cotton's help and how did it go?
9. What does Aubrey learn about the French garrison?
10. What do the men see during the voyage on Clonfert's ship and what does McAdams call it?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)