|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aubrey respond to Bertie's orders?
(a) Aubrey is very pleased.
(b) Aubrey is puzzled.
(c) Aubrey is very displeased.
(d) Aubrey is fearful.
2. Who will crew the two captured French ships?
(a) The French under vow of honor.
(b) The French supervised by two of his trusted officers.
(c) Unfit elements from his crew.
(d) The prize crew which are the youngest men on the ship.
3. Where does Aubrey send the two captured French ships?
(d) South Africa.
4. With what is Clonfert well acquainted?
(a) Decorating his stateroom.
(b) Fighting pirates.
(c) The shores and locales of the islands.
(d) Military protocal.
5. What kind of Captain is Corbett known to be?
(a) A rigid disciplinarian and a fighting captain.
(b) An easy going man.
(c) A good seaman but lax with his sailors.
(d) Someone to respect but doesn't like to kill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Colonel Keating?
2. For what use does Aubrey grind lenses?
3. How does Aubrey feel about the captain of the Sirius?
4. Which island is garrisoned by the British?
5. With whom will Matuin be traveling to Mauritius?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maturin say is the reason he has come to see Aubrey?
2. From whom does Aubrey receive a note and what does it ask and why does he laugh about it?
3. Describe the setting in the opening of the novel.
4. What happens when Corbett comes to help Aubrey?
5. What does Aubrey have the crew doing as they travel and why?
6. What happened to Corbett's ship?
7. What has happened to Corbett?
8. In what ship is Pullings, what does he do and what does he tell Aubrey?
9. What does Maturin do in Cape Town?
10. What ship joins the squadron? What do the captains discuss? Where does the squadron go when it leaves Cape Town?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)