|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aubrey do with the ship as it sails towards Cape Town?
(a) Keeps her guns cleaned and unfired.
(b) Re-rigs the sails and re-stows the hold.
(c) Calls general quarters every three hours.
(d) Has the men re-paint her.
2. Who reaches Cape Town?
(c) HMS Roland.
3. With what is Clonfert well acquainted?
(a) Military protocal.
(b) Fighting pirates.
(c) The shores and locales of the islands.
(d) Decorating his stateroom.
4. What kind of mental stress is Maturin fighting?
5. What does Aubrey use his station of commodore to do?
(a) To request Bonden and Killick, his personal coxswain and steward, be reassigned to his crew.
(b) To fire Corbett.
(c) To have his wife on board.
(d) To order fine wines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of Clonfert's ship?
2. What will happen in Mauritius if the British military campaign is successful?
3. What is a characteristic of McAdam?
4. What does Aubrey have the squadron do continually?
5. With what does Bertie entrust Aubrey?
Short Essay Questions
1. With what does Maturin enlist Mr. Cotton's help and how did it go?
2. What ultimately happens to Clonfert's and Pym's joint venture?
3. What do McAdam and Maturin discuss and how do they disagree on the subject?
4. How does Clonfert react to Aubrey's victory and how does McAdam respond?
5. What do Maturin and McAdam do at Cape Town?
6. What does Aubrey learn about the French garrison?
7. What is the final conversation between Maturin and McAdam about, what worries Maturin and what does McAdam say?
8. What does Aubrey have the crew doing as they travel and why?
9. What French ship does Aubrey encounter and what does he do with it? How does Aubrey feel about his actions?
10. What news arrives in Cape Town, and what is Maturin given and why?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)