|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dr. McAdam?
(a) Maturin's mentor.
(b) Clonfert's personal physician and ship's surgeon.
(c) Corbett's personal physician and ship's surgeon.
(d) Aubrey's surgeon.
2. What is one thing Aubrey does in preparation for sailing?
(a) Gets drunk three days in a row.
(b) Fires his midshipmen.
(c) Interviews his captains and officers.
(d) Spends several days alone with Sophie.
3. What does Lady Clonfert request of Aubrey?
(a) Passage to London.
(b) To take her son under his protection.
(c) Passage as far as Cape Town.
(d) The money he owes her.
4. How are the men on the Néréide responding to their Captain?
(d) Near mutiny.
5. Who reaches Cape Town?
(c) HMS Roland.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what type of home does Captain Aubrey live?
2. How does Aubrey feel about Mr. Farquhar?
3. What does Maturin believe is the basis of the strange personality?
4. What does Aubrey have the squadron do continually?
5. What is the state of Clonfert's ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Maturin go ashore at Mauritius and what information does he use?
2. What does Maturin do on La Reunion?
3. Why are England and France at war?
4. In what ship is Pullings, what does he do and what does he tell Aubrey?
5. What is Bertie's attitude towards Aubrey and what does he do?
6. What ship joins the squadron? What do the captains discuss? Where does the squadron go when it leaves Cape Town?
7. What happened to Corbett's ship?
8. How do the British officials at Cape Town feel about Aubrey's first naval action and what do they do there with the ships?
9. What do Maturin and McAdam do at Cape Town?
10. What does the armada do and how does that go? How do the people of Mauritius feel about the British?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)