|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the French do?
(a) Run for the open sea.
(b) Reach the safety of the harbor.
(c) Bomb the fort.
(d) Shoot at Clonfert.
2. Where is much of the French fleet discovered?
(a) In the harbor at Port Louis.
(c) French Guinea.
3. What do the captains also talk about when making plans?
(a) The Italians joining the French.
(b) Wives and children.
(c) The next vacant admiral seat.
(d) Naval discipline.
4. About what abstract human characteristic does Maturin ponder?
5. What happens to Maturin's head?
(a) It gets slashed.
(b) He gets a black eye.
(c) It gets burned.
(d) He gets a slight concussion.
6. Where is McAdam during the fight with the French?
(a) He's on the island in the fort.
(b) He's working on injured sailors.
(c) At Cape Town.
(d) Unconscious due to alcohol.
7. What happens to the ships in Cape Town?
(a) They are sent to England.
(c) They are refitted.
(d) They are given new crews.
8. What ship does Pullings bring to help Aubrey?
(a) Emma, a transport.
9. Why wasn't Maturin captured when Clonfert was?
(a) He had transferred to Pym's ship.
(b) He swam to shore.
(c) He slipped away on a small boat.
(d) He pretended to be French.
10. Where does Maturin decide to go?
(c) French Guinea.
11. Who commands the Groper?
(a) Nate Taylor.
(b) Tom Pullings.
(c) Josh Braden.
(d) Billy Stone.
12. Why does Pym delay a third English frigate?
(a) To stagger the fighting.
(b) To wait for Aubrey.
(c) To draw his ship off the ground.
(d) To hold back a reserve force.
13. What is one interest in mental health Maturin has?
(a) Psychosomatic illnesses.
(c) Bipolar disorder.
14. How do McAdam and Maturin spend their time?
(a) Discussing medicine.
(b) Discussing the navy.
(c) Discussing Clonfert.
(d) Playing checkers.
15. What naval news arrives at Cape Town?
(a) France's surrender.
(b) Rodriquez was over run by the French.
(c) Mauritius had been taken.
(d) The capture and re-capture of various ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pym have several English ships do?
2. What kind of propaganda does Maturin disperse?
3. Why were the items that arrived in Cape Town damaged?
4. Why are the British ships separated?
5. What about alcohol and opium do the men argue?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)