|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Pym do his raid?
(a) Near Ponte du Diable.
(b) Near Carolinia.
(c) Near Cape Town.
(d) Near Mauritius.
2. What does Aubrey do with some of his ships before going to Rodriquez?
(a) Sent to La Reunion.
(b) Left to blockade the French.
(c) Sent back to Cape Town.
(d) Sent to Mauritius.
3. What was a decisive blow in favor of England?
(a) Blowing up the garrison at Mauritius.
(b) Taking the head French admiral captive.
(c) Capture of two French islands.
(d) Destroying the entire French fleet.
4. What does McAdam call a dugong?
(a) A whale.
(b) A manatee.
(c) A shark.
(d) A type of dolphin.
5. What do Maturin and McAdam continue to do?
(a) Disscuss Clonfert's treatment.
(b) Trying to get off their addictions.
(c) Trying to get Clonfert out of the navy.
(d) Being friends.
6. How was Maturin's recovery?
(a) Short, he didn't really have much of a problem.
(b) Long and not complete.
(c) Long but successful.
(d) Short and successful.
7. How much laudanum does Maturin use?
(a) An average amount for an addict.
(b) A minimal amount.
(c) He doesn't use laudanum.
(d) Excessive proportions.
8. Why is the Groper sacrificed?
(a) To take civilians off the island.
(b) To draw the French out.
(c) To blow up the garrison.
(d) To be a temporary breakwater.
9. What has the frigate Minerva been assigned to do?
(a) Reinforce the French garrison.
(b) Blockade the French garrison.
(c) Reinforce the British forces.
(d) Blockade the English port.
10. What does Pym have several English ships do?
(a) Go for more ships.
(b) Go into the harbor to destroy the French.
(c) Go around to the other side of the island.
(d) Wait for Aubrey.
11. What does Clonfert claim?
(a) He has captured the French ships.
(b) He has the French on the run.
(c) He has the French bottled up.
(d) He must run for the open sea.
12. Why wasn't Maturin captured when Clonfert was?
(a) He pretended to be French.
(b) He swam to shore.
(c) He slipped away on a small boat.
(d) He had transferred to Pym's ship.
13. To where does Aubrey move his flag?
14. What did Clonfert finally decide to do?
(a) Attack Mauritius.
(b) Return to the fleet.
(c) Pursue an engagement for himself.
(d) Return to Cape Town.
15. What else physically happens to Maturin?
(a) He gets pneumonia.
(b) He cuts his wrist.
(c) He breaks a finger.
(d) He gets food poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the French do?
2. Where is much of the French fleet discovered?
3. What type of ship is Groper?
4. How does Clonfert handle the tactical situation?
5. With whom does Aubrey confer?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)