|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does McAdam call a dugong?
(a) A shark.
(b) A whale.
(c) A manatee.
(d) A type of dolphin.
2. What do the sailors call a dugong?
(a) A mermaid.
(b) A merman.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A sea serpent.
3. Where is much of the French fleet discovered?
(a) In the harbor at Port Louis.
(c) French Guinea.
4. About what abstract human characteristic does Maturin ponder?
5. How much laudanum does Maturin use?
(a) An average amount for an addict.
(b) Excessive proportions.
(c) He doesn't use laudanum.
(d) A minimal amount.
6. What French ship is anchored south of the French fleet in a protected area?
7. What does Aubrey do with some of his ships before going to Rodriquez?
(a) Sent to Mauritius.
(b) Sent to La Reunion.
(c) Left to blockade the French.
(d) Sent back to Cape Town.
8. Why are the British ships separated?
(a) They were lost in heavy fog.
(b) A hurricane.
(c) A tidal wave.
(d) They were hit with a new squadron of French ships.
9. How do the British officials feel about Aubrey's military actions?
(a) Very angry.
(b) Very enthusiastic.
(d) Like it was not quite enough.
10. What has the frigate Minerva been assigned to do?
(a) Reinforce the British forces.
(b) Blockade the English port.
(c) Reinforce the French garrison.
(d) Blockade the French garrison.
11. What is one interest in mental health Maturin has?
(c) Psychosomatic illnesses.
(d) Bipolar disorder.
12. How do McAdam and Maturin spend their time?
(a) Discussing medicine.
(b) Discussing the navy.
(c) Playing checkers.
(d) Discussing Clonfert.
13. Who joins Clonfert and takes command?
14. What does Clonfert do when he hears of Pym?
(a) Becomes agitated.
(b) Becomes afraid.
(c) Cheers him on.
(d) Becomes jealous.
15. What do Maturin and McAdam continue to do?
(a) Trying to get Clonfert out of the navy.
(b) Trying to get off their addictions.
(c) Being friends.
(d) Disscuss Clonfert's treatment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Pullings bring the French to combat?
2. How much damage did Clonfert's ship receive?
3. What does Pym have several English ships do?
4. Where does Maturin decide to go?
5. Who captains Iphigenia?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)