|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the British ships separated?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) They were lost in heavy fog.
(c) A tidal wave.
(d) They were hit with a new squadron of French ships.
2. Who joins Clonfert and takes command?
3. How long are the French ships blockaded in port?
(a) There was no blockade.
(b) Several weeks.
(c) A few days.
(d) Six months.
4. Why can't Pullings bring the French to combat?
(a) The currents are against him.
(b) His main mast breaks.
(c) He's not a good tactician.
(d) His ship is too slow.
5. What does Maturin keep on a daily basis?
(a) Writing to his wife.
(b) A journal.
(c) An eating habit.
(d) A religious rite.
6. What do the captains also talk about when making plans?
(a) The Italians joining the French.
(b) The next vacant admiral seat.
(c) Wives and children.
(d) Naval discipline.
7. Why were the items that arrived in Cape Town damaged?
(a) Unfortunate transportation incidents.
(b) The hurricane.
(c) They were sent because they were damaged.
(d) Bad handling.
8. How was Maturin's recovery?
(a) Long but successful.
(b) Short, he didn't really have much of a problem.
(c) Long and not complete.
(d) Short and successful.
9. How do the British officials feel about Aubrey's military actions?
(a) Very angry.
(c) Very enthusiastic.
(d) Like it was not quite enough.
10. Why does Maturin receive a huge sum of gold?
(a) To dispense the sailors' pay.
(b) All of his back pay.
(c) For his actions during the war.
(d) For bribes.
11. What does Maturin gather together on La Reunion?
(a) Rebellious citizens.
(b) Food for the ships.
(c) Ammunition for the guns.
12. What kind of raid has Pym led?
(a) Successful but bloody.
(b) Moderately successful but no one was injured.
(c) He was completely defeated.
(d) He was repelled but captured a captain.
13. What was a decisive blow in favor of England?
(a) Destroying the entire French fleet.
(b) Capture of two French islands.
(c) Blowing up the garrison at Mauritius.
(d) Taking the head French admiral captive.
14. To where does the squadron go when it leaves Cape Town?
(a) La Verdana Island.
(b) The English Channel.
(c) French Guinea.
(d) La Reunion.
15. Who does the squadron take on when at Rodriquez?
(a) British infantry.
(b) No one.
(c) Rebell French fighters.
(d) The civilians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maturin decide to go?
2. How do McAdam and Maturin spend their time?
3. Which ship does Aubrey recapture?
4. What French ship is anchored south of the French fleet in a protected area?
5. How long does it take Rodriquez to capitulate?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)