|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to two English frigates?
(a) They accidentally ram each other.
(b) They run aground.
(c) They are sunk by the French.
2. Who cares for Maturin medically?
(d) No one.
3. What type of ship is Groper?
(a) A sloop.
(b) A frigate.
(c) A transport.
(d) A clipper ship.
4. To where does the squadron go when it leaves Cape Town?
(a) La Verdana Island.
(b) The English Channel.
(c) French Guinea.
(d) La Reunion.
5. What happens to Magicienne and Sirius?
(a) They are burned.
(c) They are captured.
(d) They return to Cape Town.
6. How do the British officials feel about Aubrey's military actions?
(a) Like it was not quite enough.
(c) Very enthusiastic.
(d) Very angry.
7. Who joins Clonfert and takes command?
8. Where does Maturin decide to go?
(b) French Guinea.
9. Why wasn't Maturin captured when Clonfert was?
(a) He slipped away on a small boat.
(b) He swam to shore.
(c) He pretended to be French.
(d) He had transferred to Pym's ship.
10. Who does the squadron take on when at Rodriquez?
(a) The civilians.
(b) Rebell French fighters.
(c) No one.
(d) British infantry.
11. What has the frigate Minerva been assigned to do?
(a) Reinforce the French garrison.
(b) Blockade the French garrison.
(c) Reinforce the British forces.
(d) Blockade the English port.
12. What does Maturin keep on a daily basis?
(a) An eating habit.
(b) A religious rite.
(c) A journal.
(d) Writing to his wife.
13. What else physically happens to Maturin?
(a) He gets pneumonia.
(b) He cuts his wrist.
(c) He breaks a finger.
(d) He gets food poisoning.
14. Where did Pym do his raid?
(a) Near Carolinia.
(b) Near Ponte du Diable.
(c) Near Mauritius.
(d) Near Cape Town.
15. Where is McAdam during the fight with the French?
(a) He's on the island in the fort.
(b) At Cape Town.
(c) He's working on injured sailors.
(d) Unconscious due to alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What French ship is anchored south of the French fleet in a protected area?
2. Why were the items that arrived in Cape Town damaged?
3. What does Pym have several English ships do?
4. Where is much of the French fleet discovered?
5. What naval news arrives at Cape Town?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)