|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reaches Cape Town?
(d) HMS Roland.
2. What kind of Captain is Corbett known to be?
(a) A good seaman but lax with his sailors.
(b) A rigid disciplinarian and a fighting captain.
(c) Someone to respect but doesn't like to kill.
(d) An easy going man.
3. Which vessel is the flagship of the squadron?
4. How does Aubrey feel about the captain of the Sirius?
(a) He thinks he's okay.
(b) He believes the man can't sail.
(c) He holds him in high regard.
(d) He thinks he belongs on land.
5. Who has been captured?
(b) Several additional Indiamen.
(c) Captain Bligh.
(d) Admiral Nelson.
6. What kind of mental stress is Maturin fighting?
7. Where is Captain Aubrey's home?
(a) Hampshire, England.
8. What does Maturin call tormina?
(a) A headache band around the forehead.
(b) Physcial cramping and anxiety.
(c) The inability to catch one's breath.
(d) A muscle cramp in the thigh.
9. For what use does Aubrey grind lenses?
(a) For binoculars.
(b) For telescopes.
(c) For eye glasses.
(d) For magnifying glasses.
10. What does Sophie ask Maturin to do?
(a) Provide medical care for her sister.
(b) Lend her some money.
(c) Locate some command for Aubrey.
(d) Talk to Aubrey about having another child.
11. To what drug is Maturin addicted?
12. What does Maturin do on the first island on which he goes ashore?
(a) Kill the French commandor.
(b) Free the British prisoners of war.
(c) Spreads anti-French propaganda.
(d) Kill the French governor.
13. What kind of reputation does Lord Clonfert have?
(a) He's sturdy and hard working.
(b) He's cowardly.
(c) He's a fop but also a courageous man.
(d) He's harsh and unreasonable.
14. What ship has Aubrey been given to command?
(a) The longship Victoria.
(b) The frigate Boadicea.
(c) The sloop Nadine.
(d) The firgate Venus.
15. How would Aubrey describe his wife's mother?
(a) Sweet but not very bright.
(b) Quiet and unassuming.
(c) A gentle soul.
(d) A loudmouthed and overbearing woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which island is garrisoned by the British?
2. For what is Stephen Maturin most known?
3. What two ships does Aubrey capture the first few days of his voyage?
4. Where does Aubrey send the two captured French ships?
5. What does Aubrey use his station of commodore to do?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)