|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Aubrey's forces and British land forces do on La Reunion?
(a) Rescue prisoners.
(b) Destroy the crops.
(c) Capture a key city.
(d) Burn the main towns.
2. On what type of mathematical problem is Aubrey working?
(a) How to determine longitude at sea.
(b) How to build a pyramid.
(c) How to raise a suspension bridge.
(d) How to determine star rotation.
3. For what use does Aubrey grind lenses?
(a) For binoculars.
(b) For eye glasses.
(c) For magnifying glasses.
(d) For telescopes.
4. What does Maturin do on the first island on which he goes ashore?
(a) Kill the French governor.
(b) Spreads anti-French propaganda.
(c) Free the British prisoners of war.
(d) Kill the French commandor.
5. What ship has Aubrey been given to command?
(a) The sloop Nadine.
(b) The longship Victoria.
(c) The firgate Venus.
(d) The frigate Boadicea.
6. What will happen in Mauritius if the British military campaign is successful?
(a) It will be left alone with a nominal British force left there.
(b) An English governor will be installed.
(c) A naval base will be established there.
(d) It will return to the native population.
7. What French frigate does Aubrey capture near La Reunion?
8. Why does Matuin tell Aubrey he has to go to Mauritius?
(a) They are withdrawing from Italy.
(b) The French have put a strong naval force there.
(c) They are going to cross the channel.
(d) They are going to Russia.
9. What is the state of Clonfert's ship?
(a) Heavily decorated in bizarre fineries.
(b) Listing heavily from a poorly-loaded hold.
(c) In dry dock.
(d) Missing a mizzenmast.
10. What does Aubrey learn?
(a) That his wife has died.
(b) Everything he needs to know to fullfill his mission.
(d) Much of the same information as Maturin has provided.
11. In what type of home does Captain Aubrey live?
(a) A castle.
(b) A farmhouse.
(c) A country cottage.
(d) A townhouse.
12. Which vessel is the flagship of the squadron?
13. Who will crew the two captured French ships?
(a) The French under vow of honor.
(b) The French supervised by two of his trusted officers.
(c) Unfit elements from his crew.
(d) The prize crew which are the youngest men on the ship.
14. What does Aubrey use his station of commodore to do?
(a) To request Bonden and Killick, his personal coxswain and steward, be reassigned to his crew.
(b) To fire Corbett.
(c) To order fine wines.
(d) To have his wife on board.
15. With what is Clonfert well acquainted?
(a) Military protocal.
(b) Decorating his stateroom.
(c) The shores and locales of the islands.
(d) Fighting pirates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aubrey insinuate about Lord Clonfert?
2. How did Lady Clonfert find out about Aubrey's command?
3. What has been holding Napoleon back?
4. How would Aubrey describe his wife's mother?
5. Why is Aubrey receiving only half pay?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)