|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the ships in Cape Town?
(a) They are given new crews.
(b) They are refitted.
(c) They are sent to England.
2. What does Aubrey think about his encounter with the French ship?
(a) It means nothing.
(b) It is bad luck.
(c) It is the turning point in the campaign.
(d) It could mean more money.
3. What will happen in Mauritius if the British military campaign is successful?
(a) It will be left alone with a nominal British force left there.
(b) A naval base will be established there.
(c) An English governor will be installed.
(d) It will return to the native population.
4. What ship does Pullings bring to help Aubrey?
(c) Emma, a transport.
5. What is one thing Aubrey does in preparation for sailing?
(a) Interviews his captains and officers.
(b) Gets drunk three days in a row.
(c) Spends several days alone with Sophie.
(d) Fires his midshipmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been garrisoned by British soldiers?
2. What does Pullings do when he draws near the Boadicea?
3. What does Aubrey do about Corbett and Clonfert?
4. What was Maturin's diagnosis for Colley?
5. What do McAdam and Maturin discuss?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)