|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about alcohol and opium do the men argue?
(a) Which is more unhealthy.
(b) Which is more addictive.
(c) Which is more onerous.
(d) Which helps depression best.
2. Why is the Groper sacrificed?
(a) To be a temporary breakwater.
(b) To draw the French out.
(c) To blow up the garrison.
(d) To take civilians off the island.
3. What has been garrisoned by British soldiers?
(b) The island of Rodriguez near Mauritius.
4. Why does Maturin go ashore?
(a) To work on some casualties there.
(b) To rest on leave.
(c) To find a new first mate.
(d) To spread anti-French propaganda.
5. Which ship does Aubrey recapture?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a decisive blow in favor of England?
2. What do the sailors call a dugong?
3. What does Aubrey decide about Colley and Aubrey's command.
4. To whom does Aubrey write at the opening of the last chapter?
5. By the time Aubrey reaches Mauritius how is the crew functioning?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)