|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the captains also talk about when making plans?
(a) Wives and children.
(b) The next vacant admiral seat.
(c) The Italians joining the French.
(d) Naval discipline.
2. What imaginary line does Aubrey cross on his way to Mauritius?
(a) The line of demarcation.
(b) The north-south transit line.
(c) The South Pole meridian.
(d) The equator.
3. For what is Stephen Maturin most known?
(a) As a general.
(b) As a lawyer.
(c) As a physician.
(d) As a professor.
4. Who is Colonel Keating?
(a) The British governor of Cape Town.
(b) Executive officer of the British marines.
(c) Head of the British calvery.
(d) The infantry commander.
5. What happens to Maturin during the voyage?
(a) He breaks his nose.
(b) He is dropped overboard.
(c) He falls out of the rigging.
(d) He gets food poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maturin do on the first island on which he goes ashore?
2. Who is feuding?
3. How is Corbett characterized by Bonder?
4. What does Maturin believe is the basis of the strange personality?
5. What have the French been doing on the ocean that is a problem?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)