|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about alcohol and opium do the men argue?
(a) Which helps depression best.
(b) Which is more onerous.
(c) Which is more addictive.
(d) Which is more unhealthy.
2. What will happen in Mauritius if the British military campaign is successful?
(a) It will return to the native population.
(b) An English governor will be installed.
(c) A naval base will be established there.
(d) It will be left alone with a nominal British force left there.
3. What is one interest in mental health Maturin has?
(a) Psychosomatic illnesses.
(d) Bipolar disorder.
4. How do McAdam and Maturin spend their time?
(a) Discussing the navy.
(b) Discussing medicine.
(c) Discussing Clonfert.
(d) Playing checkers.
5. In what capacity does Stephen Maturin work for the crown?
(a) As a soldier.
(b) As a covert intelligence agent.
(c) As a lawyer.
(d) As a clergyman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the British officials feel about Aubrey's military actions?
2. How would Aubrey describe his wife's mother?
3. Why is the Groper sacrificed?
4. How does Maturin feel about McAdam's alcoholism?
5. To where does Aubrey move his flag?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)