|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen in Mauritius if the British military campaign is successful?
(a) A naval base will be established there.
(b) It will be left alone with a nominal British force left there.
(c) An English governor will be installed.
(d) It will return to the native population.
2. How does Aubrey feel about Mr. Farquhar?
(a) He is somewhat tedious but generally agreeable.
(b) He is insane.
(c) He is too aggressive.
(d) He is quite interesting.
3. How did Lady Clonfert find out about Aubrey's command?
(a) Her husband is an admiral.
(b) Her father is Captain of another ship.
(c) The rumor mill.
(d) She is a friend of the Prime Minister.
4. What is bothering Aubrey's family?
(a) Maturin's visit.
(b) Stress and penury.
(c) The war.
(d) Aubrey's inventions being stolen.
5. What happens to Maturin during the voyage?
(a) He falls out of the rigging.
(b) He is dropped overboard.
(c) He breaks his nose.
(d) He gets food poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of reputation does Lord Clonfert have?
2. Why were the items that arrived in Cape Town damaged?
3. What does Bertie give Captain Aubrey?
4. Why is Aubrey receiving only half pay?
5. In what capacity does Stephen Maturin work for the crown?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)