|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much laudanum does Maturin use?
(a) A minimal amount.
(b) An average amount for an addict.
(c) Excessive proportions.
(d) He doesn't use laudanum.
2. How would Aubrey describe his wife's mother?
(a) Sweet but not very bright.
(b) A loudmouthed and overbearing woman.
(c) Quiet and unassuming.
(d) A gentle soul.
3. What imaginary line does Aubrey cross on his way to Mauritius?
(a) The line of demarcation.
(b) The South Pole meridian.
(c) The north-south transit line.
(d) The equator.
4. Why doesn't Aubrey have a command?
(a) There are more captains than ships.
(b) He is on leave.
(c) His ship was sunk.
(d) He is on sick leave.
5. In what year does this book take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of Captain is Corbett known to be?
2. What does Aubrey do with some of his ships before going to Rodriquez?
3. How do the British officials feel about Aubrey's military actions?
4. Who commands the Groper?
5. Why does Maturin receive a huge sum of gold?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)