|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aubrey have the squadron do continually?
(a) Maintain a speed of 12 knots.
(b) Practice gunnery and seamanship.
(c) Change crews.
(d) Maintain black out at night.
2. Who is Dr. McAdam?
(a) Corbett's personal physician and ship's surgeon.
(b) Clonfert's personal physician and ship's surgeon.
(c) Aubrey's surgeon.
(d) Maturin's mentor.
3. In what capacity does Stephen Maturin work for the crown?
(a) As a clergyman.
(b) As a lawyer.
(c) As a covert intelligence agent.
(d) As a soldier.
4. What does the squadron do after the ships were separated?
(a) Return to England.
(b) Return to Cape Town.
(c) Go to French Guinea.
(d) Return to Rodriquez.
5. In what year does this book take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of propaganda does Maturin disperse?
2. What was a decisive blow in favor of England?
3. Who will crew the two captured French ships?
4. From the discussions between McAdam and Maturin what does the word palliative means?
5. What captured ship reinforces Aubrey's squadron?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)