|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aubrey feel about the captain of the Sirius?
(a) He holds him in high regard.
(b) He thinks he belongs on land.
(c) He thinks he's okay.
(d) He believes the man can't sail.
2. What imaginary line does Aubrey cross on his way to Mauritius?
(a) The equator.
(b) The South Pole meridian.
(c) The line of demarcation.
(d) The north-south transit line.
3. How is Corbett characterized by Bonder?
(a) A sadistic tyrant.
(b) A milquetoast.
(c) A hard-working, yet incompetent Captain.
(d) Good, solid Captain.
4. How did Lady Clonfert find out about Aubrey's command?
(a) She is a friend of the Prime Minister.
(b) Her husband is an admiral.
(c) The rumor mill.
(d) Her father is Captain of another ship.
5. What kind of ship is the Néréide?
(a) A battle cruiser.
(b) A forty-eight gun Longship.
(c) A thirty-six gun frigate.
(d) A sloop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. McAdam?
2. Which vessel is the flagship of the squadron?
3. On what type of mathematical problem is Aubrey working?
4. What kind of mental stress is Maturin fighting?
5. Where is Captain Aubrey's home?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)