|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what use does Aubrey grind lenses?
(a) For magnifying glasses.
(b) For telescopes.
(c) For eye glasses.
(d) For binoculars.
2. By the time Aubrey reaches Mauritius how is the crew functioning?
(a) Better, but still erratic.
(b) With some grumbling.
3. On what type of mathematical problem is Aubrey working?
(a) How to raise a suspension bridge.
(b) How to determine longitude at sea.
(c) How to determine star rotation.
(d) How to build a pyramid.
4. In what capacity does Stephen Maturin work for the crown?
(a) As a soldier.
(b) As a covert intelligence agent.
(c) As a lawyer.
(d) As a clergyman.
5. Who arrives with Aubrey's orders?
(a) An official Admiralty messenger.
(b) A pigeon.
(c) A telegram carrier.
(d) A young sailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been holding Napoleon back?
2. For what is Stephen Maturin most known?
3. What is Napoleon trying to conquer?
4. How does Aubrey find life at home?
5. Where is Captain Aubrey's home?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)