|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have the French been doing on the ocean that is a problem?
(a) Crossing the channel.
(b) Blowing up British merchant ships.
(c) Blockading England's shores.
(d) Capturing British Indiamen.
2. What two ships does Aubrey capture the first few days of his voyage?
(a) Hébé and Intrepid Fox.
(b) Néréide and Sirius.
(c) Bellone, and Caroline.
(d) Vénus adn Manche.
3. How does Aubrey feel about the captain of the Sirius?
(a) He believes the man can't sail.
(b) He holds him in high regard.
(c) He thinks he belongs on land.
(d) He thinks he's okay.
4. How does Aubrey find life at home?
(a) Uninteresting and boring.
5. Why does Matuin tell Aubrey he has to go to Mauritius?
(a) They are going to cross the channel.
(b) The French have put a strong naval force there.
(c) They are withdrawing from Italy.
(d) They are going to Russia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is bothering Aubrey's family?
2. What does Sophie ask Maturin to do?
3. For what use does Aubrey grind lenses?
4. What has been holding Napoleon back?
5. What kind of reputation does Lord Clonfert have?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)