|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Aubrey have a command?
(a) His ship was sunk.
(b) He is on sick leave.
(c) He is on leave.
(d) There are more captains than ships.
2. What is bothering Aubrey's family?
(a) Stress and penury.
(b) The war.
(c) Maturin's visit.
(d) Aubrey's inventions being stolen.
3. What have the French been doing on the ocean that is a problem?
(a) Crossing the channel.
(b) Capturing British Indiamen.
(c) Blowing up British merchant ships.
(d) Blockading England's shores.
4. What kind of ship is the Néréide?
(a) A thirty-six gun frigate.
(b) A battle cruiser.
(c) A sloop.
(d) A forty-eight gun Longship.
5. How did Lady Clonfert find out about Aubrey's command?
(a) Her father is Captain of another ship.
(b) The rumor mill.
(c) Her husband is an admiral.
(d) She is a friend of the Prime Minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aubrey feel about Mr. Farquhar?
2. Who will crew the two captured French ships?
3. In what capacity does Stephen Maturin work for the crown?
4. Where does Aubrey send the two captured French ships?
5. What does Sophie ask Maturin to do?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)