|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clonfert claim?
(a) He must run for the open sea.
(b) He has the French bottled up.
(c) He has captured the French ships.
(d) He has the French on the run.
2. Who led Corbett's ship in the battle?
(a) The second mate.
(b) The Bosom.
(c) The ship's navigator.
(d) The first lieutenant.
3. What is one thing Aubrey does in preparation for sailing?
(a) Gets drunk three days in a row.
(b) Spends several days alone with Sophie.
(c) Interviews his captains and officers.
(d) Fires his midshipmen.
4. On what island does Maturin first land?
(b) La ReUnion.
5. What kind of relationship develops between Aubrey and Colonel Keating?
(a) Saracastic and competitive.
(b) Working relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which captain does Maturin get a berth?
2. What does the armed merchant ship do when Aubrey asks for help?
3. How does Maturin feel about McAdam's alcoholism?
4. How far is Mauritius when the squadron sets sail?
5. What will happen in Mauritius if the British military campaign is successful?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)