Chapters 1 and 2
1. Where is Captain Aubrey's home?
(d) Hampshire, England.
2. In what type of home does Captain Aubrey live?
(a) A farmhouse.
(b) A townhouse.
(c) A castle.
(d) A country cottage.
3. What are the gardens like around Aubrey's home?
(b) There are no gardens.
4. In what year does this book take place?
5. What is Napoleon trying to conquer?
(a) All of Europe.
(b) East Africa.
6. What has been holding Napoleon back?
(a) The Moors.
(b) British naval strength.
(c) The weather.
(d) The Italians.
7. Why is Aubrey receiving only half pay?
(a) He's being punished.
(b) He's ashore.
(c) He hasn't been promoted yet.
(d) England is out of money.
8. Why doesn't Aubrey have a command?
(a) His ship was sunk.
(b) There are more captains than ships.
(c) He is on leave.
(d) He is on sick leave.
9. In what capacity does Stephen Maturin work for the crown?
(a) As a soldier.
(b) As a covert intelligence agent.
(c) As a lawyer.
(d) As a clergyman.
This section contains 3,893 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)