|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes charge of the funeral and getting Christine to the hospital?
2. What is the site that arouses Claude's enthusiasm after failing again to be included in the Salon?
(a) ice on the Seine.
(b) the Eiffel Tower.
(c) Cathedral Notre Dame.
(d) the Ile de la Cité.
3. What is Claude's mistaken idea about Chaîne?
(a) that he is proud of his work.
(b) that he has not changed.
(c) that he is rich.
(d) that he is happy.
4. How does Christine began to feel about her relationship with Claude?
(a) that she knows how to get him back.
(b) that she made a mistake falling in love with Claude.
(c) that she has grown tired and ugly.
(d) that she is playing second fiddle to a painting.
5. Which friends of Claude's show up at the funeral?
(a) no one.
(b) fifty relatives from Plassans.
(c) only Sandoz and Bongrand.
(d) all his old friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on the wedding night?
2. What time does Claude return to his studio home?
3. To stay close to Claude and fight her rival, the painting, what does Christine decide to do?
4. What is Mahoudeau's comment after the sculpture falls apart?
5. How does Christine confront Claude about the nude woman in his painting?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)