|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Christine began to feel about her relationship with Claude?
(a) that she knows how to get him back.
(b) that she has grown tired and ugly.
(c) that she is playing second fiddle to a painting.
(d) that she made a mistake falling in love with Claude.
2. When Christine awakes to find Claude gone, where does she find him?
(a) hanging from the ladder in front of his painting.
(b) lying in Jacques's small bed.
(c) dressing to go out into the cold.
(d) sitting by the fire drinking wine.
3. Why has Dubuche been exiled to his father-in-law's home in the country?
(a) it became clear that he really has no talent for architecture.
(b) he was never successful and now cares for his wife and sickly children.
(c) the pressure of building houses caused him to have a breakdown.
(d) one of his designs became a laughing stock in Paris.
4. Why does Mahoudeau's sculpture fall over?
(a) an earthquake shakes his studio.
(b) as the room warms, the clay carving melts.
(c) Chaîne smashes it out of jealousy over Mathilde.
(d) Claude accidentally bumps into it.
5. What time does Claude return to his studio home?
(a) the next day.
(b) a week later.
(c) about three in the morning.
(d) about dawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tragedy strikes the Lantier household one night?
2. Why does Claude think his painting of the dead Jacques may be accepted by the Salon committee?
3. How does Irma Bécot get her revenge on Claude?
4. After finally getting Claude back in bed, what happens in Claude's head?
5. What is it that Claude does not know while he waits to see if the Dead Child will be included in the Salon?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)