|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose painting called The Lunch Party is a slick, commercial imitation of Claude's open air style?
2. What time does Claude return to his studio home?
(a) the next day.
(b) a week later.
(c) about three in the morning.
(d) about dawn.
3. What purchases does Claude make to get started with his painting?
(a) new paints and brushes.
(b) a large frame and seamless canvas.
(c) new lights and a heater for the studio.
(d) large paper and new pencils to make his sketches.
4. Why is Christine afraid when she wakes to find Claude not in the bed with her?
(a) she thinks he is working too hard.
(b) she thinks he might be leaving her.
(c) she thinks he might be suicidal.
(d) she thinks he is destroying his paintings.
5. How does Christine confront Claude about the nude woman in his painting?
(a) she says that woman is really her and he should come to her.
(b) she says that woman is a trollop seducing him.
(c) she says that woman is her rival for his affections.
(d) she says that woman is a curse on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of Claude's snow scene?
2. When Christine suggests they go away somewhere to be happy, what is Claude's reply?
3. To stay close to Claude and fight her rival, the painting, what does Christine decide to do?
4. What are the Salon committee's reactions to Claude's Dead Child painting?
5. Why does Mahoudeau's sculpture fall over?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)