|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea does Sandoz have that he thinks might change things for Claude?
(a) writing a novel about a painter like Claude.
(b) having another Thursday evening dinner at his house.
(c) taking Claude on a trip to Italy.
(d) throwing a surprise party for Claude and Christine.
2. How does Christine began to feel about her relationship with Claude?
(a) that she made a mistake falling in love with Claude.
(b) that she has grown tired and ugly.
(c) that she knows how to get him back.
(d) that she is playing second fiddle to a painting.
3. Who lives directly across from Fagerolles's small but well appointed mansion?
(a) Pierre and Henriette.
(c) Irma Bécot.
4. How does Claude afford a larger studio to work on his masterpiece?
(a) by selliing small nude paintings of Christine.
(b) by copying masterpieces of other artists.
(c) by drawing from the capital of his inheritance.
(d) by painting murals for rich clients.
5. What painting is almost rejected before it is discovered to be one by a famous artist?
(a) a painting of people having a picnic outdoors.
(b) a painting of a nude man and a clothed woman.
(c) a painting of blue poplars.
(d) a painting of a nude lady under a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. After finally getting Claude back in bed, what happens in Claude's head?
2. What distresses Christine when Claude returns home from the Salon?
3. What happens on the wedding night?
4. How do Claude's friends react to his latest painting?
5. Why is Christine afraid when she wakes to find Claude not in the bed with her?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)