|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What breaks the solemn reverie of Sandoz and Bongrand at the cemetery?
(a) a sudden rainstorm.
(b) a parade passing by.
(c) the sound of a passing train.
(d) the lamenting of a funeral nearby.
2. For a while, how does Claude make a fairly good living?
(a) painting portraits of children.
(b) copying the old masters.
(c) doing sketches for a newspaper.
(d) painting flower still lifes for British tourists.
3. What is the subject of Claude's snow scene?
(a) snow on the tops of Paris buildings.
(b) two children building a snowman.
(c) a fine carriage drawn by two white horses.
(d) two ragged urchins eating stolen apples.
4. What idea does Sandoz have that he thinks might change things for Claude?
(a) writing a novel about a painter like Claude.
(b) having another Thursday evening dinner at his house.
(c) taking Claude on a trip to Italy.
(d) throwing a surprise party for Claude and Christine.
5. What does Sandoz think might be better for true artists?
(a) to live and die an unknown.
(b) to develop a following in England.
(c) to live in Italy instead of France.
(d) to keep all their works until their death.
Short Answer Questions
1. When they find her, where is Christine?
2. After the party at Sandoz's house, what does Christine do when Claude orders her to return home?
3. Why does Claude think his painting of the dead Jacques may be accepted by the Salon committee?
4. What tragedy strikes the Lantier household one night?
5. How does Christine confront Claude about the nude woman in his painting?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)