|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Claude's friends react to his latest painting?
(a) they want him to offer it to Naudet.
(b) they look at it but do not comment.
(c) they think it is too small for a work by Claude.
(d) they hail it as a masterpiece.
2. What is the site that arouses Claude's enthusiasm after failing again to be included in the Salon?
(a) the Ile de la Cité.
(b) the Eiffel Tower.
(c) Cathedral Notre Dame.
(d) ice on the Seine.
3. When Sandoz comes to take Claude away from the studio, who do they find as a barker at a carnival?
4. How does Christine begin to resent Jacques?
(a) hating to part with the extra money for his upkeep.
(b) blaming him for the loss of her virgin body.
(c) wishing he would go away.
(d) being irritated with his demands.
5. After the Salon, how does Claude behave?
(a) he happily shows himself in public.
(b) he refuses to see anyone.
(c) he throws himself back into his large painting.
(d) he puts on a façade of not caring.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ganière drift away from the group of former art revolutionaries?
2. Why are Sandoz and Claude depressed after visiting Dubuche in the country?
3. Why does Claude think his painting of the dead Jacques may be accepted by the Salon committee?
4. How does Christine confront Claude about the nude woman in his painting?
5. Why does Sandoz stay away from Claude for a time?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)