|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on the wedding night?
(a) It is like old times in the country.
(b) Christine goes to bed alone and Claude sketches.
(c) Jacques gets sick and Christine has to stay with him.
(d) Claude is unable to make love to Christine.
2. What is the site that arouses Claude's enthusiasm after failing again to be included in the Salon?
(a) ice on the Seine.
(b) the Eiffel Tower.
(c) Cathedral Notre Dame.
(d) the Ile de la Cité.
3. What idea does Sandoz have that he thinks might change things for Claude?
(a) having another Thursday evening dinner at his house.
(b) taking Claude on a trip to Italy.
(c) throwing a surprise party for Claude and Christine.
(d) writing a novel about a painter like Claude.
4. What breaks the solemn reverie of Sandoz and Bongrand at the cemetery?
(a) a parade passing by.
(b) the sound of a passing train.
(c) a sudden rainstorm.
(d) the lamenting of a funeral nearby.
5. What time does Claude return to his studio home?
(a) a week later.
(b) the next day.
(c) about dawn.
(d) about three in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sandoz stay away from Claude for a time?
2. Why does Claude think his painting of the dead Jacques may be accepted by the Salon committee?
3. Why has Dubuche been exiled to his father-in-law's home in the country?
4. Why are Sandoz and Claude depressed after visiting Dubuche in the country?
5. Who takes charge of the funeral and getting Christine to the hospital?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)