|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claude think his painting of the dead Jacques may be accepted by the Salon committee?
(a) this painting is more like the classics.
(b) Bongrand is now head of the committee.
(c) he submits it under an assumed name.
(d) Fagerolles promises to get it accepted.
2. Why do Sandoz and Claude not go into the Café Baudequin that night?
(a) they see Ganière in there alone.
(b) they see Ganière there with Irma.
(c) the place has gone out of business.
(d) they see Fagerolles and Naudet there.
3. What time does Claude return to his studio home?
(a) the next day.
(b) about three in the morning.
(c) about dawn.
(d) a week later.
4. Why is Christine afraid when she wakes to find Claude not in the bed with her?
(a) she thinks he might be suicidal.
(b) she thinks he is destroying his paintings.
(c) she thinks he might be leaving her.
(d) she thinks he is working too hard.
5. Whose painting called The Lunch Party is a slick, commercial imitation of Claude's open air style?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sandoz tray to talk Claude out of doing?
2. Which friends of Claude's show up at the funeral?
3. What is the subject of Claude's snow scene?
4. How does Irma Bécot get her revenge on Claude?
5. How does Christine confront Claude about the nude woman in his painting?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)