|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To stay close to Claude and fight her rival, the painting, what does Christine decide to do?
(a) discourage Claude by saying it is not good.
(b) be his nude model for the painting.
(c) clean his brushes and make great meals.
(d) take a knife to the painting.
2. What does Sandoz tray to talk Claude out of doing?
(a) working too many long hours.
(b) sending any more paintings to the Salon.
(c) placing a nude woman in his painting.
(d) giving no time to Jacques.
3. How does Ganière drift away from the group of former art revolutionaries?
(a) by practicing the piano many hours a day.
(b) by marrying his old maid music teacher.
(c) by spending all his time at concerts.
(d) by returning to the classics.
4. Who lives directly across from Fagerolles's small but well appointed mansion?
(b) Irma Bécot.
(c) Pierre and Henriette.
5. What does Sandoz think might be better for true artists?
(a) to develop a following in England.
(b) to live and die an unknown.
(c) to keep all their works until their death.
(d) to live in Italy instead of France.
Short Answer Questions
1. After finally getting Claude back in bed, what happens in Claude's head?
2. What is "varnishing day"?
3. What is the irony of Sandoz's new house?
4. Who generally shows up on varnishing day?
5. Why is Sandoz being successful as a novelist?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)