|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Salon, how does Claude behave?
(a) he puts on a façade of not caring.
(b) he throws himself back into his large painting.
(c) he happily shows himself in public.
(d) he refuses to see anyone.
2. What are the Salon committee's reactions to Claude's Dead Child painting?
(a) positive or skeptical.
(b) shock or amusement.
(c) disgust or pity.
(d) excited or indifferent.
3. Who takes charge of the funeral and getting Christine to the hospital?
4. Why does Claude do a smaller version of his large painting?
(a) to show Bongrand.
(b) to practice his new brush strokes.
(c) to submit to the Salon.
(d) to check his colors.
5. After finally getting Claude back in bed, what happens in Claude's head?
(a) he has a stroke and becomes paralyzed.
(b) he plots how to get rid of Christine.
(c) he hears the laughter of the people in the Salon.
(d) he hears the woman in his painting calling him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When they find her, where is Christine?
2. Why is Christine under so much nervous tension after they get back to Paris?
3. When Sandoz comes to take Claude away from the studio, who do they find as a barker at a carnival?
4. When Christine awakes to find Claude gone, where does she find him?
5. How does Claude afford a larger studio to work on his masterpiece?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)