|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ganière drift away from the group of former art revolutionaries?
(a) by spending all his time at concerts.
(b) by marrying his old maid music teacher.
(c) by practicing the piano many hours a day.
(d) by returning to the classics.
2. When they find her, where is Christine?
(a) posing nude for Claude's painting.
(b) headed for the train station.
(c) lying half dead on the floor.
(d) holding Claude's head in her lap.
3. What does Claude seem to taunt Christine about from gossip he has heard?
(a) that a man was coming to the studio when Claude was away.
(b) that she was too stupid to find a job.
(c) that Mme. Vandaze died and left fortunes to her servants.
(d) that God cursed her with an unnatural child.
4. What is it that Claude does not know while he waits to see if the Dead Child will be included in the Salon?
(a) what Fagerolles does to get it included.
(b) how popular he has suddenly become.
(c) how Bongand exerted his influence on the committee.
(d) how the new committe has changed its ideas.
5. What is Claude's mistaken idea about Chaîne?
(a) that he is rich.
(b) that he has not changed.
(c) that he is proud of his work.
(d) that he is happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sandoz comes to take Claude away from the studio, who do they find as a barker at a carnival?
2. Which friends of Claude's show up at the funeral?
3. What is the site that arouses Claude's enthusiasm after failing again to be included in the Salon?
4. What happens on the wedding night?
5. What time does Claude return to his studio home?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)