|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Dead Child painting finally approved for hanging in the Salon?
(a) it is approved by mistake.
(b) Fagerolles uses his "charity" vote.
(c) Bongrand demands it.
(d) it is considered a real masterpiece at last.
2. When he submits the snow scene to the Beaux-Arts Salon, what happens?
(a) it is rejected.
(b) it is damaged and returned to him.
(c) it is highly praised.
(d) it is disqualified because of its size.
3. How does Christine began to feel about her relationship with Claude?
(a) that she has grown tired and ugly.
(b) that she knows how to get him back.
(c) that she is playing second fiddle to a painting.
(d) that she made a mistake falling in love with Claude.
4. What is the irony of Sandoz's new house?
(a) it has become a shrine to his late mother.
(b) it is an eclectic and old fashioned abode for a very modern writer.
(c) it is in the same area as Irma's and Fagerolles's houses.
(d) it is large and ostentacious.
5. What breaks the solemn reverie of Sandoz and Bongrand at the cemetery?
(a) the sound of a passing train.
(b) a sudden rainstorm.
(c) a parade passing by.
(d) the lamenting of a funeral nearby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Claude do a smaller version of his large painting?
2. What is it that Claude does not know while he waits to see if the Dead Child will be included in the Salon?
3. Why is Christine under so much nervous tension after they get back to Paris?
4. What time does Claude return to his studio home?
5. When Christine opens the door of the bedroom, what is Claude doing?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)