Short Answer Questions Key
1. As the novel opens, what is the condition of the weather?
2. What is Claude thinking about as he walks home late at night?
his unfinished canvas in his studio.
3. What style of art is preferred by the Ã‰cole des Beaux-Arts?
4. What does Claude think about the young woman standing on his doorstep at night?
he thinks she's a trollop.
5. Why does Claude take the young woman to his studio?
he feels he cannot leave her outside in the storm.
This section contains 6,257 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)