|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the ugly family walking along with Dubuche?
(a) the family of Dubuche's landlord.
(b) the family of Duquersonnièr.
(c) the family of Margaillan, a self-made millionaire.
(d) the family of Mathilde.
2. Why does Claude start going out alone to paint leaving Christine in the cottage?
(a) because she is pregnant.
(b) because he wants to be alone.
(c) because she keeps questioning his colors.
(d) because she talks too much.
3. Why does Claude go into one of his rages after Christine leaves?
(a) because of the effect she had on him.
(b) because he cannot find anything she had put away.
(c) because he had not taken advantage of her.
(d) because he lost the early morning light to paint by.
4. What does Claude think about the young woman standing on his doorstep at night?
(a) he thinks she is beautiful.
(b) he thinks she is insane.
(c) he thinks she is looking for work.
(d) he thinks she's a trollop.
5. How has Claude's past prepared him for living in the country?
(a) he returns to the nature walks he once had with Sandoz.
(b) he remembers the fresh air of the country.
(c) he knows how easy it is to hide in the country.
(d) he is just a country boy at heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. After renewing his association with Sandoz, what is Claude incessantly talking about?
2. What suggestion does Pierre make to Claude about Christine?
3. What does Christine do just before the deadline to enter a painting at the Salon?
4. Besides Jory, who else is vying for the attention of Mathilde?
5. What happens when the young woman wakes up?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)