|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Christine able to come to Paris from Passy?
(a) she slips out after her employer goes to bed.
(b) she carries the mail for her employer.
(c) she has no contract with her employer.
(d) her employer gives her time off.
2. How does the young woman want to sleep?
(a) sitting up wrapped in a blanket.
(b) in her wet clothes sitting up in a chair.
(c) in the bed with Claude.
(d) in her wet clothes on the floor.
3. What is Pierre Sandoz's vocation?
(a) he is a sculptor doing garden gnomes.
(b) he is a musician composing new music.
(c) he is a mathematician who loves art.
(d) he is a writer aspiring to sell his first novel.
4. What makes Claude and Sandoz become exasperated with stupidity of the crowd?
(a) people eating in the Salon.
(b) their apparent lack of taste.
(c) the sound of laughter.
(d) the pushing and shoving.
5. What does Claude do the next morning as the young woman sleeps?
(a) he wakes her up and sends her away.
(b) he removes the blanket covering her.
(c) he makes sketches of her lying in the bed.
(d) he goes out for croisants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pierre Sandoz doing for Claude?
2. What happens when the young woman wakes up?
3. Which of Claude's friends do he and Christine see in the street?
4. Ready to leave, what does the young woman do?
5. What reawakens in Claude and Sandoz with their renewed friendship?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)