|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Claude and Christine visit after they find an old boat?
(a) small islands in the river.
(b) several bridges in the area.
(c) the farms on the other side of the river.
(d) an artist colony nearby.
2. What does Claude think about the young woman standing on his doorstep at night?
(a) he thinks she is insane.
(b) he thinks she is looking for work.
(c) he thinks she is beautiful.
(d) he thinks she's a trollop.
3. How does Christine re-enter Claude's life?
(a) they meet accidentally at the Louvre.
(b) she asks him to pay her for modeling.
(c) she commissions a painting.
(d) she drops by with a thank you gift.
4. Why does Claude take the young woman to his studio?
(a) he wants to use her as a madel.
(b) he feels he cannot leave her outside in the storm.
(c) he expects to hire her as a maid.
(d) he wants her to sleep with him.
5. Who is the former shepherd from near Plassans whose patron sent him to Paris?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Mahoudeau sent to Paris from Plassans?
2. Who are the late comers for Sandoz's Thursday soiree?
3. Why do they return late to Paris?
4. Although frequently inspired by what he sees in the country, how does Claude react?
5. How does the young woman want to sleep?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)