|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claude take the young woman to his studio?
(a) he wants her to sleep with him.
(b) he feels he cannot leave her outside in the storm.
(c) he expects to hire her as a maid.
(d) he wants to use her as a madel.
2. How has Jory stirred up the Paris art scene?
(a) by praising the sidewalk artists.
(b) by praising one of Claude's paintings.
(c) by attacking the Studio.
(d) by promoting Italian art.
3. Ready to leave, what does the young woman do?
(a) she begs Claude to escort her to the train station.
(b) she offers to cook breakfast.
(c) she attempts to clean up the studio.
(d) she asks Claude for money.
4. What strange commission does Claude get from Malgras?
(a) a painting of ducks.
(b) a small painting of Christine.
(c) a still life painting of books.
(d) a still life painting of a lobster
5. Who does Claude see who pretends he has not seen Claude's painting?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Claude suggest that Christine stay with Mme. Vandaze?
2. How does Claude behave around Christine?
3. What is Pierre Sandoz doing for Claude?
4. What does Christine do the morning after she and Claude consummate their love?
5. Because it is Thursday, what event will take place in the evening?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)