|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bongrand do before Claude sees his work hanging in the Salon des Refusés?
(a) he gives Claude high praise.
(b) he laughs in Claude's face.
(c) he takes Claude to tea.
(d) he withdraws his own painting.
2. How does Zola paint Claude Lantier's angst?
(a) by his partying when he should be working.
(b) by his obsession with time.
(c) by his mood swings over his painting.
(d) by his desire to protect his paintings.
3. What convinces Claude he still has a vestige of romanticism in his veins?
(a) his desire to paint for tourists.
(b) his love of romantic literature.
(c) his interest in a quaint Paris street.
(d) his desire to see Christine again.
4. How does Claude behave around Christine?
(a) he is comfortable.
(b) he is awkward.
(c) he is forward.
(d) he is agitated.
5. What do Claude and Christine visit after they find an old boat?
(a) an artist colony nearby.
(b) small islands in the river.
(c) the farms on the other side of the river.
(d) several bridges in the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sandoz usually have with him when he goes out?
2. How does Christine re-enter Claude's life?
3. Where does Claude go for a cheap lunch?
4. What is Claude thinking about as he walks home late at night?
5. What are the paintings that repulse Christine in Claude's studio?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)