|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ironic switch in attitude occurs when Christine finally agrees to go in public with Claude?
(a) now he worries that he has no money.
(b) now he worries they will run into his friends.
(c) now he worries that they will run into Irma.
(d) now he worries that they will run into her employer.
2. What is Pierre Sandoz's vocation?
(a) he is a musician composing new music.
(b) he is a mathematician who loves art.
(c) he is a sculptor doing garden gnomes.
(d) he is a writer aspiring to sell his first novel.
3. How does Zola describe Irma Bécot?
(a) an important art critic of the day.
(b) a trollop with the makings of a future Parisian courtesan.
(c) a young girl being eaten alive by the city of Paris.
(d) a virginal beauty looking for a husband.
4. What does the lusty Jory like about Mahoudeau's sculpture of the Grape Picker?
(a) the life-like look of her face.
(b) her feet and hands.
(c) her ample bosom and thick thighs.
(d) the amount of clay used in the mold.
5. What is Pierre Sandoz doing for Claude?
(a) paying his rent on the studio.
(b) advising him on how to paint.
(c) bringing him food when he is broke.
(d) posing for the man in his painting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Claude go for a cheap lunch?
2. Because it is Thursday, what event will take place in the evening?
3. Where does Claude go to find Dubuche, the aspiring architect?
4. Beside the clothed man and the naked women, what are the people criticizing?
5. Where does Claude want to exhibit his painting?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)