|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the beginnings of the Bohemian lifestyle of Claude and Pierre?
(a) during their school days.
(b) when they moved to Paris.
(c) after they met Delacroix.
(d) after they were rejected by the Ã‰cole des Beaux-Arts.
2. What does the lusty Jory like about Mahoudeau's sculpture of the Grape Picker?
(a) her feet and hands.
(b) the life-like look of her face.
(c) her ample bosom and thick thighs.
(d) the amount of clay used in the mold.
3. Realizing the people are laughing at his painting, what is Claude's reaction?
(a) his old insecurities about his talent return.
(b) he snatches his painting off the wall.
(c) he storms out of the Salon.
(d) he does not care about their reactions.
4. What famous artist joins the group at Pierre's house?
5. How does Christine re-enter Claude's life?
(a) they meet accidentally at the Louvre.
(b) she drops by with a thank you gift.
(c) she asks him to pay her for modeling.
(d) she commissions a painting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the herbalist's shop seen better days?
2. How do the young men of the Open Air movement see themselves?
3. What makes Claude and Sandoz become exasperated with stupidity of the crowd?
4. Who does Claude see who pretends he has not seen Claude's painting?
5. How does Claude behave around Christine?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)