|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Claude think Irma has changed?
(a) from a trollop into a lady.
(b) from an innocent girl into a weathered hag.
(c) from a possible model into a fat disaster.
(d) from a common guttersnipe into a "courtesan by Titian."
2. Why does Christine resist sightseeing in Paris with Claude?
(a) she worries she might run into her employer.
(b) she worries he will take her to a hotel.
(c) she still worries about being out with a man.
(d) she worries she will lose track of time.
3. What does Bongrand say is better than being at the top?
(a) being in the middle.
(b) the journey to the top.
(c) being at the beginning.
(d) the slide down the mountain.
4. What ironic switch in attitude occurs when Christine finally agrees to go in public with Claude?
(a) now he worries that he has no money.
(b) now he worries that they will run into Irma.
(c) now he worries that they will run into her employer.
(d) now he worries they will run into his friends.
5. What does Claude seem to taunt Christine about from gossip he has heard?
(a) that Mme. Vandaze died and left fortunes to her servants.
(b) that a man was coming to the studio when Claude was away.
(c) that God cursed her with an unnatural child.
(d) that she was too stupid to find a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What convinces Claude he still has a vestige of romanticism in his veins?
2. Although Bongrand now only paints what interests him, why can the Beaux-Arts not overlook him?
3. Why is Christine able to come to Paris from Passy?
4. Who visits Claude while Christine is hiding behind the screen?
5. Who does Jory insist that Claude go with him to see?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)