|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zola paint Claude Lantier's angst?
(a) by his partying when he should be working.
(b) by his desire to protect his paintings.
(c) by his obsession with time.
(d) by his mood swings over his painting.
2. What does Christine not want to discuss with Claude?
(a) their not being married.
(b) their lovemaking.
(c) the money she keeps hidden from him.
(d) the job she left to be with him.
3. Where does Claude go for a cheap lunch?
(a) Pierre's house.
(b) a hotdog stand.
(c) the Fruit and Vegetable Shop.
(d) a third rate wine-shop.
4. Who is the former shepherd from near Plassans whose patron sent him to Paris?
5. What does Bongrand say is better than being at the top?
(a) being in the middle.
(b) the slide down the mountain.
(c) being at the beginning.
(d) the journey to the top.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Claude and Christine visit after they find an old boat?
2. What is the subject of Fagerolles's latest painting?
3. Back in Paris, Claude returns to walking the streets and leaves what up to Christine?
4. Why does Mahoudeau's sculpture fall over?
5. How long does Christine stay away after her first return visit to Claude's studio?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)