|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bob want to do?
(a) be a farmer
(b) be a fisherman
(c) become an accountant
(d) open a dry goods store
2. What was one of the photographs Henry looked at at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Lamb House
(b) the monument to the 54 Massachusetts Regiment
(c) His brother William
(d) his aunt Kate
3. What peculiar physical mannerism did Mrs. Florence Lett exhibit as she sat in Henry's drawing room?
(a) She rolled her eyes all the time.
(b) She moved her foot back and forth quickly.
(c) She made different passionate facial expressions
(d) She held her pinky up straight while drinking her tea.
4. How were the downstairs rooms at Lamb house like?
(a) medium-sized and dark
(b) elegant with large windows
(c) small and cozy
(d) large and airy
5. What is the name of the parlor maid at Lamb House?
Short Answer Questions
1. What French author did Henry enjoy reading?
2. Henry remembers that Constance was depressed when?
3. What would his friend, Constance Fenimore Woolson, have done about the Smiths?
4. Who did Henry visit in Marseilles?
5. What was the name of the doctor who examined Henry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Hendrick Andersen and what is Henry's relationship with him?
2. With whom does Henry tour Paris and what are they like?
3. Who visits Henry again and again as Henry prepares to leave London and what does he ask Henry to recount to him?
4. What does Henry do when he is summoned to Venice after Constance's suicide?
5. Who suggested to Henry's father, after his attack, that he should read a certain philosopher's writings; who was the philosopher and what effect did it have on Henry's father?
6. To whom does Henry introduce Constance and where; what is the result?
7. Where does Constance go after Florence and what is also upsetting to Constance besides her depression?
8. Who does Henry bring along with him from London to continue in his hire?
9. What do Henry and his friend, Perry, do during the first summer of the Civil War and what is the effect on them?
10. Which of Henry's brothers gives a speech; where is it given and about what?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)