|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Henry's father lose his leg?
(a) in a carriage accident
(b) in a fire
(c) falling from the second story of a barn
(d) in a hunting accident
2. What was Henry's dog's name?
3. Where do Henry and Hendrik go on one of the only sunny days during Hendrik's visit to Lamb House?
(a) They walk around the village of Rye , visiting the shops.
(b) They bicycle to the sea , to the beach.
(c) They take a bicycle ride around the countryside near Rye.
(d) They visit the quaint old church in Rye.
4. What was the garden at Lamb House like?
(a) neglected but with a great deal of promise
(b) well-tended but too large for Henry's needs
(c) small with beautiful plantings
(d) medium-sized but the plantings weren't to Henry's liking
5. What prestigious club in London did Henry want to join?
(a) the Reform Club
(b) the Writer's Guild
(c) the Punch and Judy Club
(d) the Gentlemen's Club
Short Answer Questions
1. What would his friend, Constance Fenimore Woolson, have done about the Smiths?
2. Who did Henry meet in Paris in the beginning of Chapter 9?
3. What did Florence Lett's daughter look like and what was she wearing during her mother's visit to Lamb House?
4. What part of Henry's hand hurt him?
5. Which of Henry's cousins joined the army in the first year of the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was George Gammon and what was he like?
2. What happens that develops a relationship between Henry and Mrs. Smith that's too intimate for a boss and his servant?
3. Who is Hendrick Andersen and what is Henry's relationship with him?
4. Where does Constance go after Florence and what is also upsetting to Constance besides her depression?
5. What does Henry do when he is summoned to Venice after Constance's suicide?
6. To whom does Henry introduce Constance and where; what is the result?
7. Who visits Henry again and again as Henry prepares to leave London and what does he ask Henry to recount to him?
8. What location in Rome do Hendrick and Henry visit together and what is the significance of the visit?
9. What is the importance of the book THE SCARLET LETTER by Hawthorne in Henry's life?
10. What is the difference between Henry and Hendrick and what do they have in common?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)