|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11: October 1899.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem does Henry have with the Smiths which forces him to fire them?
(a) They are keep taking off and going back to London.
(b) They both start drinking heavily
(c) They both start becoming rude and surly to guests.
(d) They both are caught stealing
2. Who did Henry meet in Paris in the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Rosalind and Betty Emmet
(b) Lucy and Marilyn Emmet
(c) Rosina and Bay Emmet
(d) Lucinda and Mary Emmet
3. What did Henry base the story he wrote at the end of Chapter 4 on?
(a) Oscar Wilde's trial
(b) a couple like the Symondses and their beloved son
(c) his friends, Sturges and Gosse
(d) Oscar Wilde's wife and children
4. How did the audience like Oscar Wilde's play, AN IDEAL HUSBAND?
(a) They were bored with it.
(b) They were shocked by it.
(c) They loved it.
(d) They hated it.
5. What did Wilky and Bob have in common?
(a) charming and charismatic to everyone
(b) quiet and introverted
(c) noisy, not interested in education, became soldiers
(d) handsome and attractive to women
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Maud Howe Elliot and her artist husband want Henry to do?
2. What did Yeats tell Gosse about Oscar Wilde's house and family?
3. Constance had a letter of introduction from whom which she gave Henry?
4. What prestigious club in London did Henry want to join?
5. How did Henry's sister Alice react when her mother died?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)