|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11: October 1899.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The girls Henry meets in Paris are the daughters of whom?
(a) Anne Emmet, Minny's sister
(b) Sarah Temple, Minny's sister
(c) Ellen Temple, Minny's sister
(d) Kaylina Smith, Minny's friend
2. Which novel of Henry's mentioned at the end of Chapter 5 was a tribute to Minny?
(a) The Bostonians
(b) Portrait of a Lady
(c) Daisy Miller
(d) The Princess Casamassima
3. How did Henry's sister Alice react when her mother died?
(a) She became deathly ill and was hospitalized.
(b) She stayed in her bedroom and mourned.
(c) She rallied and tried to be the mother of the house.
(d) She had a nervous breakdown.
4. Who was the famous mother of Maud Elliot?
(a) Julia Ward Howe
(b) Sarah Emma Edmond
(c) Mary Jane Patterson
(d) Clara Barton
5. Who helps Henry pick out furnishings for his house in Rye?
(b) hit aunt Kate
(c) Lady Wolseley
Short Answer Questions
1. What advantage did Emerson say Henry James, Sr. had over him?
2. In Chapter 1 where did Henry's dream take place?
3. How did Alice behave when a young man came into the room?
4. Where had Henry found some of the names he used in his novels?
5. What is the title of Henry's play which is having its premiere?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)