|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11: October 1899.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Henry give a moving speech about at a party in Rome?
(a) his first impressions of Rome on a visit in his youth
(b) expatriatism of Americans in Europe
(c) the difference between American and English writers
(d) his childhood memories of Newport
2. What experience did Henry's father have in London many years ago which completely debilitated him?
(a) He fell and broke his one good leg
(b) He had a vision of a huge bird of prey come to destroy him
(c) He was robbed and beaten when home alone
(d) He had a dream about the angel of death come to get him
3. Where was Henry's play held?
(a) St. James Theatre
(b) the Haymarket
(c) Price Albert's Theatre
(d) Covent Gardens
4. What had Henry purchases before he left London?
(a) a walking cane
(b) a bicycle
(c) a fashionable summer suit
(d) a new writing desk
5. Describe Alice, Henry's younger sister.
(a) She was a robust, happy girl.
(b) She was pretty but shallow.
(c) She was healthy and very athletic.
(d) She was in ill health but stoic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the emerging story idea do for Henry?
2. How did Henry treat the actors in his play?
3. What prestigious club in London did Henry want to join?
4. For how much does Lamb House go on sale for after the owner dies?
5. What did Oscar Wilde's wife do because of the scandal and trial?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)