|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11: October 1899.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had been in touch with William and Alice through the medium?
(a) Minny, Henry's and William's cousin
(b) Henry's and William's mother
(c) Henry's and William's father
(d) Alice , Henry's and William's sister
2. Where and when had Henry met Constance?
(a) 1882 in Genoa, Italy
(b) 1883 in Naples, Italy
(c) 1880 in Florence, Italy
(d) 1881 in Venice, Italy
3. What was the name of the medium William and Alice went to see?
(a) Mrs. Williamson
(b) Mrs. Freeman
(c) Mrs. Wilkens
(d) Mrs. Fredericks
4. Who were the children in the ghost story Henry wrote?
(a) two young brothers
(b) a boy and his younger sister
(c) three young sisters
(d) two girls and their younger brother
5. What would Alice, Henry's sister, have done about the predicament with the Smiths?
(a) sympathized with the Smiths and urged him not to fire them
(b) told him to dismiss them at once
(c) been sympathetic and understanding of his actions
(d) laughed uproariously and made him describe the Smiths
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Henry meet in Paris in the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. What was William's wife, Alice's, impression of Lamb House?
3. Who was the person Alice disliked and lived below her in London?
4. When did Henry James Senior die?
5. What was the tone of the first letter which William sent as answer to Henry's letter about buying Lamb House?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)