|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: March 1899.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Henry's father live on?
(a) his writing
(b) his wife's fortune
(c) his inheritance, rent and dividends
(d) his children's earnings
2. What idea for a story comes to Henry while riding to dinner at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) the story of an ill girl who has hallucinations
(b) the story of an Irish princess falling in love with an Englishman
(c) the story of the affection of an orphaned brother and sister
(d) the story of an American family in England
3. What part of Henry's body began to hurt him?
(a) his hand
(b) his arm
(c) his eyes
(d) his foot
4. Who did Henry visit in Marseilles?
(a) Pierre Boulet and his wife
(b) Paul Bourget and his wife
(c) Henri Bourgis and his wife
(d) Peter Bourget and his wife Claire
5. What did Henry like about Americans?
(a) their yearning openness and readiness for experience
(b) their Yankee practicality
(c) their tolerance of others
(d) their independence and love of freedom
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry remembers that Constance was depressed when?
2. What did Holmes not disclose to Henry but did discuss with William, his brother?
3. How was the only child guest at the Royal hospital dressed for the costume ball?
4. What would Alice, Henry's sister, have done about the predicament with the Smiths?
5. What fort was Wilky's regiment sent to attack?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)