|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: March 1899.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Mr. Webster?
(a) a servant at the Royal Hospital
(b) Lady Wolseley's nephew
(c) the cook at the Royal Hospital
(d) the MP, friend of Lady Wolseley and foe to Henry
2. What peculiar physical mannerism did Mrs. Florence Lett exhibit as she sat in Henry's drawing room?
(a) She moved her foot back and forth quickly.
(b) She rolled her eyes all the time.
(c) She held her pinky up straight while drinking her tea.
(d) She made different passionate facial expressions
3. Who was Lord Houghton?
(a) an old friend of Henry's
(b) a distant relative of Henry's
(c) an English lord who dabbled in writing
(d) lord lieutenant, representing the queen in Ireland
4. What situation leads Henry to compose a new story?
(a) Holmes, Gray and himself seeking Minny's affection
(b) His father's outgrageous outburst against women
(c) Henry's experience when sleeping with Holmes
(d) Minny's courageous defense of her opinions
5. Who is John Gray?
(a) Henry's cousin
(b) a fellow novelist
(c) another of Minny's suitors, a military man and intellectual
(d) a man Henry fell in love with in his youth
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the doctors tell Henry's father he must do after he had that vision or attack?
2. How many children did Oscar Wilde have and what gender were they?
3. What did William want to be at first?
4. How did Henry treat the actors in his play?
5. What news did Henry's friends, Jonathan Sturges and Edmond Gosse, bring him?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)