|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: March 1899.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the audience like Henry's play?
(a) They booed it and disliked it.
(b) They loved it.
(c) They were luke warm about it.
(d) They were indifferent.
2. What did Florence Lett's daughter look like and what was she wearing during her mother's visit to Lamb House?
(a) She was a red-head in a bright green dress.
(b) She was beautiful, fair with blue eyes and a blue dress.
(c) She was a dark-skinned brunette in a white dress.
(d) She was ordinary-looking with dark hair and a red dress
3. What famous novelist visited the Jameses in Paris?
(a) George Eliot
(d) Guy de Maupassant
4. Where did Henry's story appear in print?
(a) the English Illustrated Magazine
(b) the New England Quarterly
(c) the Irish Illustrated Magazine
(d) as a published book in London
5. How did the audience like Oscar Wilde's play, AN IDEAL HUSBAND?
(a) They were shocked by it.
(b) They hated it.
(c) They loved it.
(d) They were bored with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Henry's mother do to prevent Henry from joining the Civil War?
2. How long had the Smiths worked for Henry at Kensington?
3. Who became a regular visitor of Henry's while he was preparing to leave London?
4. What part of Henry's hand hurt him?
5. In what century is the play set?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)