|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: March 1899.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the only child at the Hospital?
2. How old was Henry and how old was Constance when they met?
(a) Henry was 37, Constance 40
(b) Henry was 39, Constance 41
(c) Henry was 38, Constance 42
(d) Henry was 40, Constance 38
3. Why were the family meals a trial for Alice?
(a) She was asked by her parents to tell about her day.
(b) She didn't like being with the family but wanted to be alone.
(c) Bob and Wilky teased her and left her defenseless.
(d) She had no appetite and was constantly urged to eat.
4. Who did Henry support and therefore wish not to get into an argument about during his visit in Marseilles?
(a) Moliere and Lamartine
(b) Victor Hugo and Balzac
(c) Zola and Dreyfuss
(d) Racine and Baudelaire
5. What had Hammond been before he was employed by the Wolseleys?
(a) a lieutenant in the army
(b) an army corporal
(c) an actor
(d) a servant at Dublin Castle
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Alice, Henry's sister, have done about the predicament with the Smiths?
2. Who was the person Alice disliked and lived below her in London?
3. Who did Henry visit first after his play was a failure in London?
4. Who was Minny Temple?
5. How old was Florence Lett's daughter in Chapter 8?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)