|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: May 1896.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Hammond?
(a) Henry's lost love from the past
(b) Henry's cousin
(c) One of Lord Wolseley's guests
(d) Henry's manservant at the Royal Hospital
2. What is the dilemma of the main character in Henry's play?
(a) whether to carry on the family line or join a monastery
(b) whether to marry his true love or marry a wealthy woman
(c) whether to become a novelist or a businessman
(d) whether to travel to America or remain in Europe
3. Where had Henry found some of the names he used in his novels?
(a) newspaper articles
(b) wedding announcements
(d) obituaries and death notices
4. How did the audience like Henry's play?
(a) They loved it.
(b) They were indifferent.
(c) They were luke warm about it.
(d) They booed it and disliked it.
5. Who was Minny Temple?
(a) Henry's cousin
(b) Wendell's cousin
(c) Wendell's girlfriend
(d) an imaginary character in one of Henry's novels
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the only child guest at the Royal hospital dressed for the costume ball?
2. With whom had Sturges met to discuss Oscar Wilde's trial?
3. What did Oscar Wilde's wife do because of the scandal and trial?
4. Who was Henry's lost homosexual love?
5. Describe Alice, Henry's younger sister.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)