|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: May 1896.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1 where did Henry's dream take place?
(c) New England
2. How did Henry's sister Alice react when her mother died?
(a) She became deathly ill and was hospitalized.
(b) She had a nervous breakdown.
(c) She stayed in her bedroom and mourned.
(d) She rallied and tried to be the mother of the house.
3. What did Hammond look like?
(a) He was tall and blond with blue eyes
(b) He was medium height with green eyes and a mustache
(c) He was tall with brown eyes without a mustache or beard
(d) He was short with brown eyes and a beard
4. What did Henry like about Americans?
(a) their independence and love of freedom
(b) their tolerance of others
(c) their yearning openness and readiness for experience
(d) their Yankee practicality
5. Who was the person Alice disliked and lived below her in London?
(a) a nurse
(b) a clergyman
(c) a novelist
(d) a prim English woman
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Henry visit first after his play was a failure in London?
2. In what century is the play set?
3. Why were the family meals a trial for Alice?
4. What is the dilemma of the main character in Henry's play?
5. How did Henry like the court at Dublin Castle?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)