|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: May 1896.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Lord Alfred Douglas?
(a) Wilde's cousin
(b) a homosexual friend who slept with Wilde's boys after he did
(c) Lord Wolseley's cousin
(d) Henry's friend and patron
2. How did the distinguished guest of the Jameses embarrass and shame Alice?
(a) By exclaiming that she wore a crinoline and it was depraved
(b) By making the remark that she was homely and umkempt
(c) By exclaiming that she was terribly skinny and looked ill
(d) By remarking on her table manners not being refined
3. Who is John Gray?
(a) a fellow novelist
(b) a man Henry fell in love with in his youth
(c) another of Minny's suitors, a military man and intellectual
(d) Henry's cousin
4. What did Henry like about Americans?
(a) their independence and love of freedom
(b) their Yankee practicality
(c) their yearning openness and readiness for experience
(d) their tolerance of others
5. Who was Hammond?
(a) Henry's cousin
(b) One of Lord Wolseley's guests
(c) Henry's manservant at the Royal Hospital
(d) Henry's lost love from the past
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the only child at the Hospital?
2. How did Henry treat the actors in his play?
3. What English locale did Henry fall in love with?
4. What is the title of Henry's play which is having its premiere?
5. What mutual friend became the topic of conversation between Gosse and Henry after the trial?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)