|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: May 1896.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Webster insult Henry at dinner?
(a) alludes to the low heritage of the James family
(b) makes insulting remarks about Americans
(c) talks about the inferiority of homosexuals
(d) puts down writers as fools
2. Who are some of Henry's friends who attended the play?
(a) Minny, Constance and Hammond
(b) Paul, Peter and Eric
(c) Hammond, Littlefield and Philip Smith
(d) Sargent, Gosse and Philip Burne-Jones
3. When was the worst time for Alice when she had her most severe nervous breakdown?
(a) before and just after William's marriage
(b) when she returned to New England
(c) when she was traveling in Italy
(d) when she was staying in London
4. What was Minny Temple like?
(a) light, curious, fresh and spontaneous
(b) unfriendly and unlikable
(c) demure and domestic
(d) serious and shy
5. In what century is the play set?
(a) nineteenth century
(b) sixteenth century
(c) seventeenth century
(d) eighteenth century
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two relatives who appear in Henry's dream?
2. In Chapter 1 where did Henry's dream take place?
3. Why were the family meals a trial for Alice?
4. What did Henry like about Americans?
5. What upsets Henry the most when visiting the Wolseleys?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)