|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: April 1895.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Henry's brother, William, like?
(a) He was a sickly boy
(b) He was shy and retiring
(c) He was quiet and intellectual
(d) He was exuberant, strong and popular
2. What did Henry base the story he wrote at the end of Chapter 4 on?
(a) Oscar Wilde's trial
(b) Oscar Wilde's wife and children
(c) a couple like the Symondses and their beloved son
(d) his friends, Sturges and Gosse
3. How was the only child guest at the Royal hospital dressed for the costume ball?
(a) as an angel
(b) as the infanta of Velaquez' painting
(c) as Little Bo Peep
(d) as a fairy princess
4. Where did Henry , Alice and Aunt Kate visit together when Alice was suffering from hysteria?
5. What was the adjective one of the Wolseleys' guests used over and over again in discussing the characters in Henry's novels and in
George Eliot's novels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Lord Houghton?
2. Who led Henry onto the stage after the play?
3. Who are some of Henry's friends who attended the play?
4. What did Gosse say Wilde's children looked like?
5. Who was Hammond?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)