|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: April 1895.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1 where did Henry's dream take place?
(b) New England
2. In what century is the play set?
(a) seventeenth century
(b) sixteenth century
(c) nineteenth century
(d) eighteenth century
3. What did the emerging story idea do for Henry?
(a) inspired him to turn it into a play
(b) gave him the hope he might make a lot of money
(c) lifted him out of gloom and filled him with hope for his writing
(d) filled him with fear that he couldn't bring it off
4. What had Henry heard about Oscar Wilde's parents?
(a) His mother was mad or revolutionary , his father a philanderer.
(b) Wilde's parents had disowned him for being homosexual.
(c) His mother was a lesbian, his father a homosexual
(d) His parents were of the Irish nobility.
5. What did Gosse say Wilde's children looked like?
(c) beggar children
Short Answer Questions
1. What had intrigued John Addington Symonds?
2. Who was Henry's lost homosexual love?
3. With what poet's sister did Henry compare Alice?
4. What did Henry base the story he wrote at the end of Chapter 4 on?
5. What county in Ireland had Henry's ancestors come from?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)