|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: April 1895.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Alice behave when a young man came into the room?
(a) She left the room immediately.
(b) She made a point of ignoring the young man.
(c) She became garrulous, shrill and uneasy.
(d) She became extremely flirtatious.
2. Describe Alice, Henry's younger sister.
(a) She was in ill health but stoic.
(b) She was pretty but shallow.
(c) She was healthy and very athletic.
(d) She was a robust, happy girl.
3. How does Webster insult Henry at dinner?
(a) makes insulting remarks about Americans
(b) puts down writers as fools
(c) talks about the inferiority of homosexuals
(d) alludes to the low heritage of the James family
4. What had intrigued John Addington Symonds?
(b) Baroque art and music
(c) Greek ethics, love between men
(d) Italy and its beauty
5. For whom had the Royal Hospital at Kilmainham been built?
(a) for the general population of Dublin
(b) for war victims
(c) for the noble inhabitants of Dublin
(d) for old British soldiers of the seventeenth century
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was it who told a ghost story to Henry which intrigued him?
2. What idea for a story comes to Henry while riding to dinner at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. With whom did Alice develop a close friendship after her parents died?
4. Where was Oscar Wilde's play held?
5. What did Henry think of Oscar Wilde's play, AN IDEAL HUSBAND?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)