|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: April 1895.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Henry in the first chapter?
(a) his cousin Minny
(b) an expatriate Russian princess
(c) Oscar Wilde
(d) his brother William
2. What did Yeats tell Gosse about Oscar Wilde's house and family?
(a) his house was forbidding, his wife and children ordinary
(b) his house, wife and children were warm, perfect and beautiful
(c) his house was small and unimposing, his family unattractive
(d) his house was ordinary, his family introverted and fearful
3. Who was Mr. Webster?
(a) Lady Wolseley's nephew
(b) the cook at the Royal Hospital
(c) the MP, friend of Lady Wolseley and foe to Henry
(d) a servant at the Royal Hospital
4. Where was Henry's play held?
(a) Covent Gardens
(b) St. James Theatre
(c) the Haymarket
(d) Price Albert's Theatre
5. Who was it who told a ghost story to Henry which intrigued him?
(a) the archbishop of Canterbury
(b) his friend Benson
(c) his aunt Kate
(d) his father
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Henry decide to travel to Ireland?
2. With whom had Sturges met to discuss Oscar Wilde's trial?
3. Why were the family meals a trial for Alice?
4. Who are some of Henry's friends who attended the play?
5. What did Gosse say Wilde's children looked like?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)