|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: March 1895.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the family meals a trial for Alice?
(a) She was asked by her parents to tell about her day.
(b) She didn't like being with the family but wanted to be alone.
(c) Bob and Wilky teased her and left her defenseless.
(d) She had no appetite and was constantly urged to eat.
2. What famous novelist visited the Jameses in Paris?
(b) Guy de Maupassant
(d) George Eliot
3. How did Henry's sister Alice react when her mother died?
(a) She rallied and tried to be the mother of the house.
(b) She became deathly ill and was hospitalized.
(c) She had a nervous breakdown.
(d) She stayed in her bedroom and mourned.
4. What upsets Henry the most when visiting the Wolseleys?
(a) The servants are mistreated.
(b) It's bitterly cold in his room
(c) The horses in the stables are starving.
(d) The young daughter of one of the guests is ignored.
5. Who was the person Alice disliked and lived below her in London?
(a) a prim English woman
(b) a nurse
(c) a clergyman
(d) a novelist
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the only child guest at the Royal hospital dressed for the costume ball?
2. In Chapter 1 where did Henry's dream take place?
3. Who were the children in the ghost story Henry wrote?
4. With what poet's sister did Henry compare Alice?
5. What is the title of Henry's play which is having its premiere?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)