|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: March 1895.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Henry's sister Alice react when her mother died?
(a) She became deathly ill and was hospitalized.
(b) She rallied and tried to be the mother of the house.
(c) She stayed in her bedroom and mourned.
(d) She had a nervous breakdown.
2. Who was Mr. Webster?
(a) Lady Wolseley's nephew
(b) the cook at the Royal Hospital
(c) the MP, friend of Lady Wolseley and foe to Henry
(d) a servant at the Royal Hospital
3. How did Henry treat the actors in his play?
(a) He criticized their acting ability.
(b) He spoiled them with hampers of food.
(c) He complemented their acting ability constantly.
(d) He ignored them.
4. With what poet's sister did Henry compare Alice?
(a) Mary Burns
(b) Emily Keats
(c) Dorothy Wordsworth
(d) Lydia Shelly
5. Why did Henry decide to travel to Ireland?
(a) His ancestors had come from there.
(b) He loved the landscape.
(c) It was near and the people he visited hadn't seen his play.
(d) He wanted to write a novel about Ireland.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom had the Royal Hospital at Kilmainham been built?
2. How did the audience like Henry's play?
3. Where was Oscar Wilde's play held?
4. Who was Lord Houghton?
5. After Alice's arrival in England, what novel did Henry write that had a double portrait of her?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)