|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: March 1895.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Henry like to be seen as a writer by people?
(a) as a popular, rich success
(b) as a playwright not a novelist
(c) as a writer who would be known as a genius in the future
(d) as a noble, selfless non-materialist devoted to his art
2. Describe Alice, Henry's younger sister.
(a) She was pretty but shallow.
(b) She was a robust, happy girl.
(c) She was in ill health but stoic.
(d) She was healthy and very athletic.
3. What famous novelist visited the Jameses in Paris?
(c) Guy de Maupassant
(d) George Eliot
4. How did the audience like Henry's play?
(a) They loved it.
(b) They booed it and disliked it.
(c) They were luke warm about it.
(d) They were indifferent.
5. What did Henry answer when Hammond asked where his loyalty would lie if there were a war between Great Britain and the U.S.?
(a) His loyalty would lie with Great Britain.
(b) His loyalty would lie in making peace between them.
(c) His loyalty would lie with the United States.
(d) He was indifferent.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom had the Royal Hospital at Kilmainham been built?
2. Why were the family meals a trial for Alice?
3. How does Webster insult Henry at dinner?
4. How did the audience like Oscar Wilde's play, AN IDEAL HUSBAND?
5. Who were the children in the ghost story Henry wrote?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)