|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: March 1895.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Henry's brother, William, like?
(a) He was a sickly boy
(b) He was quiet and intellectual
(c) He was exuberant, strong and popular
(d) He was shy and retiring
2. Who were the children in the ghost story Henry wrote?
(a) a boy and his younger sister
(b) three young sisters
(c) two girls and their younger brother
(d) two young brothers
3. Where did Henry go on the opening night of his play?
(a) He attended Oscar Wilde's new play.
(b) He went to the opera.
(c) He went to a restaurant and drank.
(d) He went for a walk in the park.
4. What did Hammond look like?
(a) He was medium height with green eyes and a mustache
(b) He was tall and blond with blue eyes
(c) He was short with brown eyes and a beard
(d) He was tall with brown eyes without a mustache or beard
5. What was the adjective one of the Wolseleys' guests used over and over again in discussing the characters in Henry's novels and in
George Eliot's novels.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1 where did Henry's dream take place?
2. What is the title of Henry's play which is having its premiere?
3. Who led Henry onto the stage after the play?
4. Who was the person Alice disliked and lived below her in London?
5. What is the name of the producer and lead actor of Henry's play?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)