|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: March 1895.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Henry think of Oscar Wilde's play, AN IDEAL HUSBAND?
(a) He thought it was feeble and vulgar.
(b) He thought it was clever and amusing.
(c) He thought it was boring.
(d) He thought it was too intellectual.
2. Who was Hammond?
(a) Henry's lost love from the past
(b) Henry's cousin
(c) Henry's manservant at the Royal Hospital
(d) One of Lord Wolseley's guests
3. What upsets Henry the most when visiting the Wolseleys?
(a) The horses in the stables are starving.
(b) The servants are mistreated.
(c) The young daughter of one of the guests is ignored.
(d) It's bitterly cold in his room
4. When was the worst time for Alice when she had her most severe nervous breakdown?
(a) before and just after William's marriage
(b) when she returned to New England
(c) when she was staying in London
(d) when she was traveling in Italy
5. What is the dilemma of the main character in Henry's play?
(a) whether to travel to America or remain in Europe
(b) whether to marry his true love or marry a wealthy woman
(c) whether to become a novelist or a businessman
(d) whether to carry on the family line or join a monastery
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Webster insult Henry at dinner?
2. Why did Henry decide to travel to Ireland?
3. Where was Oscar Wilde's play held?
4. How did Alice behave when a young man came into the room?
5. Who was Henry's lost homosexual love?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)