|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: February 1895.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Henry's play which is having its premiere?
(a) Portrait of a Lady
(b) Guy Domville
(c) Daisy Miller
(d) Civil War Nightmare
2. What was the adjective one of the Wolseleys' guests used over and over again in discussing the characters in Henry's novels and in
George Eliot's novels.
3. How did Henry treat the actors in his play?
(a) He criticized their acting ability.
(b) He spoiled them with hampers of food.
(c) He ignored them.
(d) He complemented their acting ability constantly.
4. Who did Henry visit first after his play was a failure in London?
(a) Minny, his cousin
(b) Lord Houghton
(c) William, his brother
(d) his Aunt Kate
5. For whom had the Royal Hospital at Kilmainham been built?
(a) for the general population of Dublin
(b) for war victims
(c) for old British soldiers of the seventeenth century
(d) for the noble inhabitants of Dublin
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hammond look like?
2. What county in Ireland had Henry's ancestors come from?
3. What upsets Henry the most when visiting the Wolseleys?
4. How did the audience like Henry's play?
5. How did the audience like Oscar Wilde's play, AN IDEAL HUSBAND?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)