|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: February 1895.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Henry decide to travel to Ireland?
(a) He wanted to write a novel about Ireland.
(b) He loved the landscape.
(c) It was near and the people he visited hadn't seen his play.
(d) His ancestors had come from there.
2. Who was Mr. Webster?
(a) the MP, friend of Lady Wolseley and foe to Henry
(b) a servant at the Royal Hospital
(c) Lady Wolseley's nephew
(d) the cook at the Royal Hospital
3. What is the title of Henry's play which is having its premiere?
(a) Daisy Miller
(b) Civil War Nightmare
(c) Guy Domville
(d) Portrait of a Lady
4. For whom had the Royal Hospital at Kilmainham been built?
(a) for the general population of Dublin
(b) for war victims
(c) for old British soldiers of the seventeenth century
(d) for the noble inhabitants of Dublin
5. What upsets Henry the most when visiting the Wolseleys?
(a) The young daughter of one of the guests is ignored.
(b) The servants are mistreated.
(c) It's bitterly cold in his room
(d) The horses in the stables are starving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Henry go on the opening night of his play?
2. What does Lady Wolseley insinuate when assigning Hammond to serve Henry?
3. Who did Henry visit first after his play was a failure in London?
4. Who are some of Henry's friends who attended the play?
5. In Chapter 1 where did Henry's dream take place?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)