|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: May 1899.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Henry spend time that summer in Chapter 6?
(a) in Ireland
(b) in Venice
(c) on a vist to America
(d) in the villages of the Suffolk coast
2. What is the dilemma of the main character in Henry's play?
(a) whether to marry his true love or marry a wealthy woman
(b) whether to become a novelist or a businessman
(c) whether to travel to America or remain in Europe
(d) whether to carry on the family line or join a monastery
3. The books of what philosopher did Henry's father start reading after his vision and attack?
4. Where was Henry's play held?
(a) St. James Theatre
(b) Covent Gardens
(c) Price Albert's Theatre
(d) the Haymarket
5. What did Henry discover under the stairs of the house in Newport?
(a) back numbers of the Revue des Deux Mondes
(b) Walden's Pond by Thoreau
(c) back issues of the London Times
(d) a book of Emerson's Essays
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Henry meet in Paris in the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. What had happened when Henry walked with his father on the beach in Boulogne?
3. What part of Henry's hand hurt him?
4. What did Henry like about Americans?
5. What had Henry purchases before he left London?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)