|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: May 1899.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Henry think of Oscar Wilde's play, AN IDEAL HUSBAND?
(a) He thought it was too intellectual.
(b) He thought it was clever and amusing.
(c) He thought it was boring.
(d) He thought it was feeble and vulgar.
2. When Henry decides on residing in Lamb House in Rye how long a lease does the owner grant him?
(a) a twenty-year lease
(b) a thirty-one-year lease
(c) a twenty-one-year lease
(d) a ten-year lease
3. What had Henry's friend, Edward Warren, offered to do for Henry?
(a) help him pay for the stenographer
(b) introduce him to some English nobility as possible patrons
(c) make drawings of the houses in Henry's novels
(d) find him a house outside London where he could write
4. What county in Ireland had Henry's ancestors come from?
5. What did Florence Letts' daughter do that touched Henry?
(a) She was very loving to her mother.
(b) She spoke of her love for animals.
(c) She told him he was kind and compared him to her father.
(d) She embraced him and fell asleep in his lap.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had the Smiths worked for Henry at Kensington?
2. What had Hammond been before he was employed by the Wolseleys?
3. What experience did Henry's father have in London many years ago which completely debilitated him?
4. Where did Henry go on the opening night of his play?
5. What did Henry like about Americans?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)