|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: May 1899.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Gosse say would produce unwashed boys to give evidence against Wilde?
(a) a newspaper reporter
(b) Lady Wolseley
(d) Douglas's father
2. What did Henry do after the play ended?
(a) visited the nearest pub and got drunk
(b) sat on a park bench half the night
(c) waited in the shadows then returned bravely to face the actors
(d) slunk home in disgrace
3. With whom had Sturges met to discuss Oscar Wilde's trial?
(a) Wilde's parents
(b) George Bernard Shaw
(c) Lord Wolseley
(d) Lady Wolseley
4. Where do Henry and Hendrik go on one of the only sunny days during Hendrik's visit to Lamb House?
(a) They bicycle to the sea , to the beach.
(b) They walk around the village of Rye , visiting the shops.
(c) They take a bicycle ride around the countryside near Rye.
(d) They visit the quaint old church in Rye.
5. What had William Dean Howells told Sturges during their meeting in Paris?
(a) that he didn't like Paris as well as London
(b) that Sturges should live and be glad of it while he was young
(c) that he was ashamed to be a homosexual
(d) that he was ready finally to have a romantic fling
Short Answer Questions
1. What hadn't he done for a long time because of his painful hand?
2. What was the name of the only child at the Hospital?
3. Who was Henry's lost homosexual love?
4. What did Maud Howe Elliot and her artist husband want Henry to do?
5. What would his friend, Constance Fenimore Woolson, have done about the Smiths?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)