|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: May 1899.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry do when he returns to Venice after a five-year absence?
(a) visits several Venetian churches where he prays
(b) begins a novel about Constance Fenimore Woolson
(c) enjoys his return to the beautiful, romantic city
(d) tries to avoid the street where Constance committed suicide
2. Who was the person Alice disliked and lived below her in London?
(a) a novelist
(b) a nurse
(c) a clergyman
(d) a prim English woman
3. How was the only child guest at the Royal hospital dressed for the costume ball?
(a) as the infanta of Velaquez' painting
(b) as a fairy princess
(c) as an angel
(d) as Little Bo Peep
4. What had Hammond been before he was employed by the Wolseleys?
(a) a lieutenant in the army
(b) a servant at Dublin Castle
(c) an actor
(d) an army corporal
5. Who wrote a letter from Venice to Henry in the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Mrs. D'Onofrio the owner of Hotel Venezia
(b) Mrs. Curtis, the owner of Palazzo Barbaro
(c) Mrs. Bellini the owner of Pension Giovanni
(d) Mrs. Scalia the owner of Hotel San Marco
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous novelist visited the Jameses in Paris?
2. Who did Henry meet in Paris in the beginning of Chapter 9?
3. How did the audience like Oscar Wilde's play, AN IDEAL HUSBAND?
4. What had Henry's friend, Edward Warren, offered to do for Henry?
5. What did Henry like about Holmes Jr.?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)