|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: April 1895.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mutual friend became the topic of conversation between Gosse and Henry after the trial?
(a) John Addington Symonds
(d) George Bernard Shaw
2. Who led Henry onto the stage after the play?
3. How did Alice behave when a young man came into the room?
(a) She made a point of ignoring the young man.
(b) She became extremely flirtatious.
(c) She became garrulous, shrill and uneasy.
(d) She left the room immediately.
4. Who did Henry visit first after his play was a failure in London?
(a) Minny, his cousin
(b) his Aunt Kate
(c) Lord Houghton
(d) William, his brother
5. With what poet's sister did Henry compare Alice?
(a) Dorothy Wordsworth
(b) Lydia Shelly
(c) Mary Burns
(d) Emily Keats
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Henry decide to travel to Ireland?
2. Who was the person Alice disliked and lived below her in London?
3. Who was Lord Houghton?
4. How did the distinguished guest of the Jameses embarrass and shame Alice?
5. Where did Henry's story appear in print?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)