|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: April 1895.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the audience like Oscar Wilde's play, AN IDEAL HUSBAND?
(a) They hated it.
(b) They were bored with it.
(c) They were shocked by it.
(d) They loved it.
2. What mutual friend became the topic of conversation between Gosse and Henry after the trial?
(a) George Bernard Shaw
(c) John Addington Symonds
3. In what century is the play set?
(a) eighteenth century
(b) sixteenth century
(c) seventeenth century
(d) nineteenth century
4. For whom had the Royal Hospital at Kilmainham been built?
(a) for war victims
(b) for the general population of Dublin
(c) for the noble inhabitants of Dublin
(d) for old British soldiers of the seventeenth century
5. Who was the person Alice disliked and lived below her in London?
(a) a nurse
(b) a prim English woman
(c) a novelist
(d) a clergyman
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Henry answer when Hammond asked where his loyalty would lie if there were a war between Great Britain and the U.S.?
2. What had Henry heard about Oscar Wilde's parents?
3. What had intrigued John Addington Symonds?
4. In Chapter 1 where did Henry's dream take place?
5. Describe Alice, Henry's younger sister.
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)