|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: April 1895.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the audience like Henry's play?
(a) They were indifferent.
(b) They were luke warm about it.
(c) They loved it.
(d) They booed it and disliked it.
2. For whom had the Royal Hospital at Kilmainham been built?
(a) for old British soldiers of the seventeenth century
(b) for the general population of Dublin
(c) for the noble inhabitants of Dublin
(d) for war victims
3. Who led Henry onto the stage after the play?
4. Who did Aunt Kate say Alice would marry?
(a) her older brother William
(b) Ned Lowell
(c) Charles Kingsley
(d) Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
5. What upsets Henry the most when visiting the Wolseleys?
(a) It's bitterly cold in his room
(b) The young daughter of one of the guests is ignored.
(c) The servants are mistreated.
(d) The horses in the stables are starving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Oscar Wilde's play held?
2. What is the title of Henry's play which is having its premiere?
3. What is the dilemma of the main character in Henry's play?
4. With whom had Sturges met to discuss Oscar Wilde's trial?
5. Why did Henry decide to travel to Ireland?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)