|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: April 1898.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Henry like about Holmes Jr.?
(a) his steadfast friendship
(b) his intellectuality and solemness
(c) his wordiness and bursts of sermon-like phrases
(d) his honesty and forthrightness
2. What French author did Henry enjoy reading?
(a) Victor Hugo
(c) Guy de Maupassant
3. Which novel of Henry's mentioned at the end of Chapter 5 was a tribute to Minny?
(a) Daisy Miller
(b) Portrait of a Lady
(c) The Bostonians
(d) The Princess Casamassima
4. What did Henry base the story he wrote at the end of Chapter 4 on?
(a) a couple like the Symondses and their beloved son
(b) his friends, Sturges and Gosse
(c) Oscar Wilde's wife and children
(d) Oscar Wilde's trial
5. Who was Mr. Webster?
(a) the MP, friend of Lady Wolseley and foe to Henry
(b) the cook at the Royal Hospital
(c) Lady Wolseley's nephew
(d) a servant at the Royal Hospital
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Henry discover under the stairs of the house in Newport?
2. Who was it who told a ghost story to Henry which intrigued him?
3. Who was Hammond?
4. What had Hammond been before he was employed by the Wolseleys?
5. How did Henry's sister Alice react when her mother died?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)