|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: April 1898.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Henry's cousins joined the army in the first year of the war?
(a) Jim and Harry Temple
(b) Gus Barker and William Temple
(c) Bob Temple and Joseph Barker
(d) William Barker and Gus Temple
2. How many children did Oscar Wilde have and what gender were they?
(a) a boy and a girl
(b) two girls
(c) two boys and a girl
(d) two boys
3. How was the only child guest at the Royal hospital dressed for the costume ball?
(a) as the infanta of Velaquez' painting
(b) as Little Bo Peep
(c) as a fairy princess
(d) as an angel
4. How did the distinguished guest of the Jameses embarrass and shame Alice?
(a) By exclaiming that she was terribly skinny and looked ill
(b) By remarking on her table manners not being refined
(c) By exclaiming that she wore a crinoline and it was depraved
(d) By making the remark that she was homely and umkempt
5. Which novel of Henry's mentioned at the end of Chapter 5 was a tribute to Minny?
(a) Portrait of a Lady
(b) The Princess Casamassima
(c) Daisy Miller
(d) The Bostonians
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Oscar Wilde's wife do because of the scandal and trial?
2. What French author did Henry enjoy reading?
3. What did Henry's father say was a woman's job?
4. Who was it who told a ghost story to Henry which intrigued him?
5. What had Henry heard about Oscar Wilde's parents?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)