|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: April 1898.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Gosse say would produce unwashed boys to give evidence against Wilde?
(a) Douglas's father
(c) a newspaper reporter
(d) Lady Wolseley
2. What did Henry's father live on?
(a) his wife's fortune
(b) his writing
(c) his inheritance, rent and dividends
(d) his children's earnings
3. What did Henry like about Holmes Jr.?
(a) his honesty and forthrightness
(b) his wordiness and bursts of sermon-like phrases
(c) his intellectuality and solemness
(d) his steadfast friendship
4. What was the name of the only child at the Hospital?
5. After Alice's arrival in England, what novel did Henry write that had a double portrait of her?
(a) The Princess Casamassima
(b) Portrait of a Lady
(c) Daisy Miller
(d) The Bostonians
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Henry like to be seen as a writer by people?
2. What had happened when Henry walked with his father on the beach in Boulogne?
3. What profession did Henry's friend, Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr., have?
4. What did Henry discover under the stairs of the house in Newport?
5. How did Henry's father lose his leg?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)