|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: March 1899.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Alice develop a close friendship after her parents died?
(a) Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
(b) Katherine Loring
(c) Mrs. Charles Kingsley
(d) her cousin Minny
2. Who did Henry visit in Marseilles?
(a) Pierre Boulet and his wife
(b) Paul Bourget and his wife
(c) Peter Bourget and his wife Claire
(d) Henri Bourgis and his wife
3. The girls Henry meets in Paris are the daughters of whom?
(a) Sarah Temple, Minny's sister
(b) Anne Emmet, Minny's sister
(c) Ellen Temple, Minny's sister
(d) Kaylina Smith, Minny's friend
4. What famous novelist visited the Jameses in Paris?
(c) George Eliot
(d) Guy de Maupassant
5. What had Henry's friend, Edward Warren, offered to do for Henry?
(a) introduce him to some English nobility as possible patrons
(b) find him a house outside London where he could write
(c) help him pay for the stenographer
(d) make drawings of the houses in Henry's novels
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry remembers that Constance was depressed when?
2. Who did Aunt Kate say Alice would marry?
3. After Alice's arrival in England, what novel did Henry write that had a double portrait of her?
4. What was Henry's brother, William, like?
5. Who had once stayed in the guest room at Lamb House?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)