|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: March 1899.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Henry's sister Alice react when her mother died?
(a) She rallied and tried to be the mother of the house.
(b) She stayed in her bedroom and mourned.
(c) She had a nervous breakdown.
(d) She became deathly ill and was hospitalized.
2. Constance had a letter of introduction from whom which she gave Henry?
(a) from his brother, William
(b) from Minny Temple's sister, Henrietta
(c) from Minny Temple's sister, Sarah
(d) from his aunt Kate
3. What is the only thing that depresses Henry about living at Lamb House?
(a) that he might be lonely there
(b) that he will most likely die there
(c) that his sister, Alice, hadn't seen it before she died
(d) that it is a distance from London
4. Where did Henry , Alice and Aunt Kate visit together when Alice was suffering from hysteria?
5. With whom did Alice develop a close friendship after her parents died?
(a) Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
(b) her cousin Minny
(c) Mrs. Charles Kingsley
(d) Katherine Loring
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Henry support and therefore wish not to get into an argument about during his visit in Marseilles?
2. Who was the stenographer Henry hired?
3. With what poet's sister did Henry compare Alice?
4. What had Henry's friend, Edward Warren, offered to do for Henry?
5. Who was the person Alice disliked and lived below her in London?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)