|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: March 1899.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the distinguished guest of the Jameses embarrass and shame Alice?
(a) By exclaiming that she was terribly skinny and looked ill
(b) By making the remark that she was homely and umkempt
(c) By exclaiming that she wore a crinoline and it was depraved
(d) By remarking on her table manners not being refined
2. Who did Henry visit in Marseilles?
(a) Henri Bourgis and his wife
(b) Peter Bourget and his wife Claire
(c) Paul Bourget and his wife
(d) Pierre Boulet and his wife
3. What hadn't he done for a long time because of his painful hand?
(a) eaten any steak or food he had to cut with a knife
(b) kept up with the serialized novel he was writing
(c) written any serious letters
(d) had a good night's sleep
4. What does Henry seek to correct about the American girls he tours Paris with?
(a) their rude manners
(b) their flirtatiousness with European men
(c) their gaudy clothes
(d) their speech, the way they drop consonants
5. After Alice's arrival in England, what novel did Henry write that had a double portrait of her?
(a) Daisy Miller
(b) Portrait of a Lady
(c) The Bostonians
(d) The Princess Casamassima
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the children in the ghost story Henry wrote?
2. What experience did Henry's father have in London many years ago which completely debilitated him?
3. Where did Henry , Alice and Aunt Kate visit together when Alice was suffering from hysteria?
4. When Henry decides to write his own version of the ghost story, where does he finally decide it should take place?
5. Who was the stenographer Henry hired?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)