Essay Topic 1
1) In the beginning of the book Henry has a dream. Describe the dream. Where does it take place? Which of Henry's relatives are in it? What is Henry's reaction to it?
2) What does Henry like about having a play of his produced? What is his relationship to the actors taking parts in his play? What hopes does he have for it and for being a playwright rather than a novelist?
3) Compare Henry's play to Oscar Wilde's play. How do the audiences of the different plays react?
4) Choose one of the three topics to write on.
Essay Topic 2
1) Discuss Henry's view on the nature of success and failure. Does he feel one should strive for material succcess and popularity or
serve his art and be true to his artistic vision no matter what?
2) Describe Henry's visit to Lord Houghton's castle in Dublin. What is the entertainment? What...
This section contains 1,186 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)