|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, 'A Matter of Life and Death'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jiro tell Okada?
(a) About his father's disappearance.
(b) About his mother being beaten.
(c) About Kinshi's hopes.
(d) About Kinshi's night activities.
2. What does Kinshi do instead of what he says he is going to do?
(b) Writes in his journal.
(c) Takes food to Jiro's mothre.
(d) Sneaks to the upstairs warehouse.
3. How does Saburo's gang convince a merchant that the merchant is under arrest?
(a) They have a false warrant tacked to the merchant's door.
(b) They have forged papers.
(c) They do not need to convince the merchant; they threaten him.
(d) The gang uses the clothing they stole at the play.
4. Who is constantly frustrated with Jiro?
(a) His mother.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His father.
(d) The mayor.
5. What does Jiro do to prepare for his part in the new production?
(a) Wraps his foot tightly to help the pain.
(b) Runs several miles every day.
(c) Practices constantly.
(d) Does acrobatic stunts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the boys treat Jiro?
2. How does Yoshida praise the assistant magistrate?
3. How does Jiro do in his part of the play?
4. What happens after the play is done?
5. What does the person who calls him selfish say will be the result of Jiro joining the theater?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)