|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, 'A Matter of Life and Death'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jiro admire about the boy who is disciplined?
(a) He does not cry out.
(b) He found another way to move.
(c) He knew what to do for the master.
(d) He intimitdated another boy.
2. What does Yoshida do after discovering the celebration?
(a) Fires Jiro.
(b) Whips Jiro.
(c) Whips Kenshi.
(d) Joins in the celebration.
3. What does Joman's wife do after he goes to prison?
(a) Kills herself.
(b) Marries another man.
(c) Grieves for years.
(d) Goes into a Buddhist convent.
4. How does Jiro's family make money?
(a) Selling eggs.
(b) Spinning wool.
(c) Making calligraphy invitations.
(d) Selling puppets.
5. What is wrong with Hanji?
(a) He had a stroke.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He has bad lungs.
(d) He broke his hip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jiro sleep?
2. What is the Hanaza?
3. What does Jiro hope about his father?
4. What have some people started doing at night?
5. Why does Jiro worry about Hanji?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)