|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, 'A Matter of Life and Death'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mochida explain to Jiro?
(a) The police have said that nothing controversial may be shown at the theater.
(b) The police have intimidated many would-be theater goers.
(c) Merchants are staying home to guard their wares.
(d) Saburo's gang has declared the theater off limits.
2. What does Jiro decide to do on the New Year instead of celebrating with the others?
(a) Work overtime for some food for his mother.
(b) Go see his mother.
(c) Go to talk to his brother.
3. What does Yoshida tell the boys to get?
(a) Some rice.
(b) Some sleep.
(c) Some newly-made fish balls.
4. What does Jiro decide to do?
(a) Go to the big city to find work.
(b) Work a small plot of land near the forest.
(c) Go offer himself as an apprentice to Yoshidaq.
(d) Apprentice himself to the blacksmith.
5. What does Jiro try to figure out?
(a) How to keep Kinshi safe.
(b) How to arrange a meeting with Saburo for Kinshi.
(c) How to find his father.
(d) How to keep his mother safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the bandits get the stolen goods away?
2. Where are Hanji and Isako?
3. What does Jiro ask Kinshi after the performance?
4. Who does Joman disguise himself as?
5. Who does Okada tell Tozo to send for?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)