|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, 'A Matter of Life and Death'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jiro's family make money?
(a) Selling puppets.
(b) Spinning wool.
(c) Selling eggs.
(d) Making calligraphy invitations.
2. What does Okada tell Jiro to claim?
(a) That Jiro is going to be allowed to control a puppet.
(b) That Jiro stole a copy of the play.
(c) That Okada is going to put Jiro in charge of the other boys.
(d) That Jiro has memorized the play just by listening to it.
3. What is pinned to the door?
(a) The Shogun's proclamation.
(b) A message from Saburo.
(c) A man's scarf.
(d) An arrest warrant.
4. Who is Okada?
(a) The master chanter.
(b) The master painter.
(c) The cook.
(d) The stable hand.
5. Who saves Jiro from a ronin?
(b) Jiro saves himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the snipe?
2. What is happening when Jiro gets to the theater?
3. What does Jiro decide to do on the New Year instead of celebrating with the others?
4. Where do Jiro and Hanji go?
5. Why is the merchant supposedly arrested?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)