|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, 'A Matter of Life and Death'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Kinshi allow Jiro to come with him at night?
(a) Jiro needs to cover for Kinshi at the theater.
(b) Jiro is too small.
(c) Jiro is too kind and would get hurt.
(d) Kinshi works better alone.
2. What does Okada ask Jiro to do?
(a) Not say anything to Kenshi.
(b) Retrieve the Samurai sword.
(c) Continue as if nothing has happened.
(d) Go to an address and leave a note.
3. Where does Jiro decide to practice his part?
(a) The stable.
(b) Down by the river.
(c) In the upstairs storeroom.
(d) In the practice room.
4. What does a fishmonger arrive to tell those at the theater?
(a) About the assistant magistrate losing his head.
(b) About Saburo's latest theft.
(c) About the Emperor's response to the play.
(d) About the assistant magistrate losing his position.
5. What does Jiro decide to do?
(a) Go offer himself as an apprentice to Yoshidaq.
(b) Work a small plot of land near the forest.
(c) Go to the big city to find work.
(d) Apprentice himself to the blacksmith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Kinshi worried about his part in the next performance?
2. How do the boys feel about Kinshi?
3. How is Jiro feeling?
4. What does Jira ask Okada?
5. Who tells Jiro he is selfish?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)