|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, 'A Matter of Life and Death'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who calls him selfish say will be the result of Jiro joining the theater?
(a) Isako will die of grief.
(b) Jiro will fail.
(c) Hanji will become ill.
(d) Hanji will kill himself.
2. Why is the merchant supposedly arrested?
(a) For cheating on his taxes.
(b) For ties to Saburo.
(c) For bad scales.
(d) For accepting bribes.
3. What does Joman's wife do after he goes to prison?
(a) Kills herself.
(b) Goes into a Buddhist convent.
(c) Marries another man.
(d) Grieves for years.
4. Who does Okada tell Tozo to send for?
(c) Jiro's mother.
5. Who wears baskets on their heads?
(a) The wives of the peasant class.
(c) Komuso monks.
(d) The wives of the merchant class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yoshida eventually decide to do?
2. What is Jiro's part in the new play?
3. What do the other boys do for Kinshi?
4. What does Jira ask Okada?
5. How is Wada described?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)