|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, 'Anxieties'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the merchant supposedly arrested?
(a) For bad scales.
(b) For accepting bribes.
(c) For cheating on his taxes.
(d) For ties to Saburo.
2. What is Taro doing when Jiro talks with him?
(a) Planting corn.
(b) Writing out a bill of sale.
(c) Looking after his parents' house.
(d) Stealing some grapes.
3. What is Mochida's response to Jiro's question?
(a) The puppet is unbalanced.
(b) Jiro may visit Hanji.
(c) Jiro has to work longer for a recommendation.
(d) There is no more work.
4. What list does Yoshida post?
(a) The boys' roles in the new play.
(b) The rotation of cleaning and scrubbing duties.
(c) The names of the expected attendees of the opening night of the new play.
(d) A list of new words in the play.
5. Who offers the reward for Saburo's capture?
(a) The authorities and the merchants' guild.
(b) No one.
(c) The Samurai noble in the town.
(d) The Emperor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tells Yoshida tell Jiro to do?
2. What does Jiro hope about his father?
3. What is Jiro helping his father do?
4. What does Isako not let Jiro do?
5. What does Yoshida do after discovering the celebration?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)