|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, 'Anxieties'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Saburo's gang rob the merchant's house?
(a) They only rob the livestock.
(b) By forcing the occupants to vacate the buildings with a search warrant.
(c) They do so after putting the merchant in jail.
(d) They do not rob the merchant after he gives them some money that is on his person.
2. How does Jiro's family make money?
(a) Selling eggs.
(b) Selling puppets.
(c) Spinning wool.
(d) Making calligraphy invitations.
3. What does Yoshida do after discovering the celebration?
(a) Whips Kenshi.
(b) Joins in the celebration.
(c) Fires Jiro.
(d) Whips Jiro.
4. How is the play doing as Spring rolls around?
(a) It has been banned by the Shogun.
(b) It is poorly attended.
(c) It is still successful.
(d) It is about to be retired.
5. How does Kinshi get out of his chores?
(a) He volunteers to deliver an invitation from Yoshida.
(b) He volunteers to go to market.
(c) He says he needs to practice.
(d) He says he is sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Jiro apprentice himself?
2. Why does Jiro worry about his decision?
3. Who wears baskets on their heads?
4. What is one reason Jiro has decided to do what he does?
5. What is happening when Jiro gets to the theater?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)