|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, 'Okada's New Play'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is said about Yoshida?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He is retiring and handing over the theater to Okada.
(c) He is sending his son to work for the Shogun.
(d) He has an audience with the Shogun.
2. How many ryo are placed as a reward on Saburo's head?
3. What does the visitor to the theater bring?
(b) A note from Jiro's grandfather.
(c) A letter of demands.
(d) Jiro's sleeping quilts.
4. What is the Hanaza?
(a) The puppet theater.
(b) The community dining hall.
(c) The outdoor craft fair.
(d) The outdoor meeting place.
5. What does Kinshi say the left-hand operators will do?
(a) Move the puppets towards the center of the stage.
(b) Try to mess up Jiro on his first day.
(c) Nod when it's time to pull the curtain.
(d) Pull the curtain while Jiro drops the set.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jiro do in his part of the play?
2. What is happening when Jiro gets to the theater?
3. Who has fallen in love with Joman?
4. What does Kinshi steal to celebrate?
5. What does Jiro decide to do?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)