|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, 'Bad Omens for the New Year'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yoshido say about Jiro?
(a) Yoshido says Jiro is skilled for his age.
(b) Yoshido says Jiro is impudent.
(c) Yoshido says Jiro has clumsey hands.
(d) Yoshido says Jiro has spirit.
2. What does Jiro do the next morning after speaking to Mochida?
(a) Goes to visit his grandfather.
(b) Runs away to the city.
(c) Goes to see his father.
(d) Writes his mother a letter.
3. What is Kwada's job in the theater?
(a) Foot operator.
(b) Prop man.
(d) Costume designer.
4. What is Taro doing when Jiro talks with him?
(a) Stealing some grapes.
(b) Planting corn.
(c) Writing out a bill of sale.
(d) Looking after his parents' house.
5. How does Jiro's family make money?
(a) Making calligraphy invitations.
(b) Spinning wool.
(c) Selling puppets.
(d) Selling eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jiro offer to do for Kenshi?
2. What is wrong with Hanji?
3. What is Mochida's response to Jiro's question?
4. For what are the boys preparing?
5. How many ryo are placed as a reward on Saburo's head?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)