|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, 'Bad Omens for the New Year'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Taro doing when Jiro talks with him?
(a) Planting corn.
(b) Stealing some grapes.
(c) Looking after his parents' house.
(d) Writing out a bill of sale.
2. Who is Kinshi?
(a) The son of Saburo.
(b) The boy Jiro saw being disciplined.
(c) The blacksmith's son.
(d) A beggar boy Jiro meets at the blacksmith's stable.
3. What does Kinshi say the left-hand operators will do?
(a) Move the puppets towards the center of the stage.
(b) Try to mess up Jiro on his first day.
(c) Pull the curtain while Jiro drops the set.
(d) Nod when it's time to pull the curtain.
4. What does Jiro say to Yoshida?
(a) That Jiro can make puppets.
(b) That Kenshi is a wonderful son.
(c) That Jiro will work very hard.
(d) That Jiro is the new apprentice.
5. What does Yoshido say about Jiro?
(a) Yoshido says Jiro is impudent.
(b) Yoshido says Jiro is skilled for his age.
(c) Yoshido says Jiro has clumsey hands.
(d) Yoshido says Jiro has spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the theater the next morning?
2. What happens to Jiro's mother when she goes to the shrine to get food?
3. What is happening when Jiro gets to the theater?
4. Who is Hanji?
5. What does Yoshida tell Kinshi to do?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)