|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, 'Bad Omens for the New Year'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jiro worry about Hanji?
(a) Jiro did not come to watch Jiro's performance.
(b) Jiro heard someone say Hanji was dying.
(c) Jiro heard someone say Hanji was missing.
(d) Jiro talks to his younger brother.
2. What does Jiro admire about the boy who is disciplined?
(a) He found another way to move.
(b) He knew what to do for the master.
(c) He does not cry out.
(d) He intimitdated another boy.
3. Who is Kinshi?
(a) A beggar boy Jiro meets at the blacksmith's stable.
(b) The son of Saburo.
(c) The blacksmith's son.
(d) The boy Jiro saw being disciplined.
4. About whom do Jiro and Hanji talk with another man?
(a) A wool merchant.
(b) A new offcial.
(c) A rice merchant.
(d) A cloth merchant.
5. What does the visitor to the theater bring?
(a) A letter of demands.
(b) A note from Jiro's grandfather.
(c) Jiro's sleeping quilts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jiro helping his father do?
2. What does Jiro decide to do on the New Year instead of celebrating with the others?
3. What is one reason Jiro has decided to do what he does?
4. What does Jiro offer to do for Kenshi?
5. What does Yoshido say about Jiro?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)