|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, 'Bad Omens for the New Year'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jiro go after talking with Taro?
(a) To the Hanaza.
(b) To the capitol.
(c) To the big city.
(d) To his cousin's farm.
2. How does Okada react to Jiro's request?
(a) He laughs and gives him a copy.
(b) He refuses to give Jiro a copy.
(c) He says he cannot release him.
(d) He says he will send someone to find out about Hinji.
3. How many ryo are placed as a reward on Saburo's head?
4. What is one reason Jiro has decided to do what he does?
(a) He can learn blacksmithing and then set up a shop.
(b) His mother has been hounding him too much.
(c) There will be one less mouth to feed at home.
(d) His father is very ill.
5. What is Taro doing when Jiro talks with him?
(a) Planting corn.
(b) Writing out a bill of sale.
(c) Looking after his parents' house.
(d) Stealing some grapes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kinshi say the left-hand operators will do?
2. What do Saburo and his band rob one evening?
3. How is Wada described?
4. What does Jiro hope about his father?
5. Who comes to the theater the next morning?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)