|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, 'Bad Omens for the New Year'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Saburo?
(a) The medicine man of the village.
(b) A blacksmith.
(c) The mayor of the village.
(d) A notorious bandit.
2. What is one reason Jiro has decided to do what he does?
(a) His father is very ill.
(b) There will be one less mouth to feed at home.
(c) He can learn blacksmithing and then set up a shop.
(d) His mother has been hounding him too much.
3. What does the person who calls him selfish say will be the result of Jiro joining the theater?
(a) Jiro will fail.
(b) Isako will die of grief.
(c) Hanji will kill himself.
(d) Hanji will become ill.
4. Who is constantly frustrated with Jiro?
(a) His mother.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) The mayor.
(d) His father.
5. What tells Yoshida tell Jiro to do?
(a) Get ready for the performance.
(b) To sit in the corner quietly until after the performance.
(c) To go home.
(d) To watch the play once to understand the plot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is offered for Saburo's capture?
2. What is the state of Jiro's family?
3. What does Jiro keep doing?
4. What does Jiro offer to do for Kenshi?
5. Why does Jiro worry about his decision?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)