|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, 'Bad Omens for the New Year'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jiro do the next morning after speaking to Mochida?
(a) Writes his mother a letter.
(b) Goes to see his father.
(c) Runs away to the city.
(d) Goes to visit his grandfather.
2. What does Jiro say to Yoshida?
(a) That Jiro is the new apprentice.
(b) That Jiro can make puppets.
(c) That Jiro will work very hard.
(d) That Kenshi is a wonderful son.
3. For what are the boys preparing?
(a) Okada's birthday.
(b) The Emperor's birthday.
(c) Yoshida's birthday.
(d) The New Year.
4. What does Jiro do that is rude?
(a) Refuses to shake Yoshida's hand.
(b) Does not allow his mother to speak.
(c) Does not remove his sandals in Yoshida's house.
(d) Interrupts his father.
5. Who wears baskets on their heads?
(b) The wives of the peasant class.
(c) Komuso monks.
(d) The wives of the merchant class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Jiro learned about his mother?
2. How do the bandits get the stolen goods away?
3. Who tells Jiro he is selfish?
4. In what country does Jiro live?
5. Where does Jiro sleep?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)