|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, 'The Hanaza'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one reason Jiro has decided to do what he does?
(a) His mother has been hounding him too much.
(b) There will be one less mouth to feed at home.
(c) He can learn blacksmithing and then set up a shop.
(d) His father is very ill.
2. About what has Yoshida just sent word?
(a) He needs several new puppets.
(b) He does not need the new puppet Hanji is making.
(c) He needs a whole set of children puppets.
(d) He needs a special Empress puppet.
3. Who is Saburo?
(a) The medicine man of the village.
(b) A blacksmith.
(c) The mayor of the village.
(d) A notorious bandit.
4. How does Jiro feel about himself in regards to his family?
(a) That he should help his family more.
(b) That they believe in him.
(c) That he is just a nuisance.
(d) That they resent him being alive.
5. What does Jiro think Yoshida does beautifully at the performance?
(a) Moves the female puppet's fingers.
(b) The sword fight.
(c) The suicide scene.
(d) The interview with the Emperor.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Kinshi introduce Jiro?
2. Who is Okada?
3. Who tells Jiro he is selfish?
4. What does Kinshi say the left-hand operators will do?
5. To whom does Jiro apprentice himself?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)