|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, 'Yoshida Kinshi'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yoshido say about Jiro?
(a) Yoshido says Jiro is skilled for his age.
(b) Yoshido says Jiro has clumsey hands.
(c) Yoshido says Jiro is impudent.
(d) Yoshido says Jiro has spirit.
2. What does Jiro decide to do?
(a) Apprentice himself to the blacksmith.
(b) Work a small plot of land near the forest.
(c) Go offer himself as an apprentice to Yoshidaq.
(d) Go to the big city to find work.
3. Who is Okada?
(a) The cook.
(b) The master chanter.
(c) The master painter.
(d) The stable hand.
4. Who offers the reward for Saburo's capture?
(a) The Samurai noble in the town.
(b) The Emperor.
(c) The authorities and the merchants' guild.
(d) No one.
5. What is Jiro helping his father do?
(a) Make a new puppet.
(b) Shear sheep.
(c) Sow rice seeds.
(d) Gather eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of Jiro's family?
2. What do Saburo and his band rob one evening?
3. What does Jiro admire about the boy who is disciplined?
4. To whom does Jiro apprentice himself?
5. What does Jiro do that is rude?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)