|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, 'Yoshida Kinshi'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jiro worry about his decision?
(a) He is afraid of failure.
(b) He is of making his parents angry.
(c) He is afraid he will miss his brothers.
(d) He worries that his mother will miss him.
2. What is the Hanaza?
(a) The community dining hall.
(b) The outdoor craft fair.
(c) The outdoor meeting place.
(d) The puppet theater.
3. What does Jiro do that is rude?
(a) Refuses to shake Yoshida's hand.
(b) Does not allow his mother to speak.
(c) Does not remove his sandals in Yoshida's house.
(d) Interrupts his father.
4. Who is Okada?
(a) The master chanter.
(b) The stable hand.
(c) The cook.
(d) The master painter.
5. Where does Jiro visit Okada?
(a) In the stables.
(b) In the bath house.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In his dressing room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yoshido say about Jiro?
2. What does Jiro admire about the boy who is disciplined?
3. How does Jiro's family make money?
4. What is the state of Jiro's family?
5. To whom does Jiro apprentice himself?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)