|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, 'Yoshida Kinshi'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wears baskets on their heads?
(b) The wives of the peasant class.
(c) The wives of the merchant class.
(d) Komuso monks.
2. For what is Yoshida disciplining one of the boys?
(a) Breaking a pot.
(b) Moving a puppet.
(c) Breaking a cycle.
(d) Mixing the clay too thin.
3. How does Jiro feel about himself in regards to his family?
(a) That they resent him being alive.
(b) That he is just a nuisance.
(c) That he should help his family more.
(d) That they believe in him.
4. Who offers the reward for Saburo's capture?
(a) The Samurai noble in the town.
(b) The Emperor.
(c) The authorities and the merchants' guild.
(d) No one.
5. What is the state of Jiro's family?
(a) They have to move.
(b) They have to send in more tax money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jiro admire about the boy who is disciplined?
2. Who is constantly frustrated with Jiro?
3. About whom do Jiro and Hanji talk with another man?
4. What is one reason Jiro has decided to do what he does?
5. What is the Hanaza?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)