|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, 'A Matter of Life and Death'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hanji?
(a) Jiro's grandmother.
(b) Jiro's sister.
(c) Jiro's father.
(d) Jiro's brother.
2. Who is Saburo?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) The medicine man of the village.
(c) A notorious bandit.
(d) The mayor of the village.
3. What does a fishmonger arrive to tell those at the theater?
(a) About the assistant magistrate losing his head.
(b) About the assistant magistrate losing his position.
(c) About the Emperor's response to the play.
(d) About Saburo's latest theft.
4. Why does Jiro not want to go to Yoshida?
(a) Yoshida may fire Jiro.
(b) Yoshida will be too angry to listen.
(c) Jiro does not think Yoshida will care.
(d) Yoshida may punish Kenshi terribly.
5. What does Jiro do that is rude?
(a) Does not remove his sandals in Yoshida's house.
(b) Refuses to shake Yoshida's hand.
(c) Does not allow his mother to speak.
(d) Interrupts his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Jiro feeling?
2. What tells Yoshida tell Jiro to do?
3. Who wears baskets on their heads?
4. What does Jiro do the next morning after speaking to Mochida?
5. What does Jiro admire about the boy who is disciplined?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)