|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, 'A Matter of Life and Death'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Taro doing when Jiro talks with him?
(a) Stealing some grapes.
(b) Writing out a bill of sale.
(c) Looking after his parents' house.
(d) Planting corn.
2. What does Jiro reply to Okada's question?
(a) That Jiro could never hurt Kenshi.
(b) That Jiro trust Kenshi completely.
(c) That is not up to Jiro to judge.
(d) That Jiro believes in what Saburo is doing.
3. What tells Yoshida tell Jiro to do?
(a) To sit in the corner quietly until after the performance.
(b) Get ready for the performance.
(c) To go home.
(d) To watch the play once to understand the plot.
4. What does Jiro find when he is stealing the text of the next play?
(a) Nothing out of the ordinary.
(b) A letter from Hanji to Yoshida.
(c) A letter from Yoshida to Saburo.
(d) A basket hat.
5. How does Saburo's gang convince a merchant that the merchant is under arrest?
(a) They have forged papers.
(b) They have a false warrant tacked to the merchant's door.
(c) The gang uses the clothing they stole at the play.
(d) They do not need to convince the merchant; they threaten him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jiro decide to practice his part?
2. What does Jiro do to prepare for his part in the new production?
3. What does Jiro want his mother to do when he sees her in the audience?
4. What does Jira ask Okada?
5. Who wrote the play, "The Thief of the Tokaido"?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)