|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, 'A Matter of Life and Death'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jiro feel about himself in regards to his family?
(a) That they resent him being alive.
(b) That he is just a nuisance.
(c) That he should help his family more.
(d) That they believe in him.
2. What are the wealthy in the town saying?
(a) The police are incompetent.
(b) The poor need to work harder.
(c) The poor do not deserve to eat.
(d) They will not trust the police again.
3. What does Jiro explain about Yoshida?
(a) That he is afraid to confront Yoshida.
(b) That Yoshida will probably make Jiro leave the theater.
(c) What he has learned about Yoshida.
(d) That Yoshida saved him once.
4. How does Saburo's gang rob the merchant's house?
(a) They do so after putting the merchant in jail.
(b) They do not rob the merchant after he gives them some money that is on his person.
(c) By forcing the occupants to vacate the buildings with a search warrant.
(d) They only rob the livestock.
5. Why does Jiro know he cannot turn in Yashida?
(a) It would harm his parents.
(b) It would be a betrayal.
(c) It would leave him without a job.
(d) It would be the end of food for the poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jiro go after talking with Taro?
2. What does Jiro decide to do on the New Year instead of celebrating with the others?
3. What is said about Yoshida?
4. Who does the character Joman resemble?
5. What is one reason Jiro has decided to do what he does?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)