|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, 'A Matter of Life and Death'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Yoshida disciplining one of the boys?
(a) Breaking a cycle.
(b) Mixing the clay too thin.
(c) Breaking a pot.
(d) Moving a puppet.
2. Who is Kinshi?
(a) The blacksmith's son.
(b) A beggar boy Jiro meets at the blacksmith's stable.
(c) The son of Saburo.
(d) The boy Jiro saw being disciplined.
3. To whom does Jiro apprentice himself?
(a) A potter.
(b) A blacksmith,.
(c) A painter.
(d) A puppeteer.
4. Where are Hanji and Isako?
(a) The big city.
(b) Jiro's grandfather's place in the capitol.
(c) Jiro does not find out.
(d) Jiro's cousin's farm.
5. What is the situation in this country during this time?
(a) A religious upheaval.
(b) A famine.
(c) A drought.
(d) A civil war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jiro offer to do for Kenshi?
2. What does Jiro try to figure out?
3. What is the bird on the crest of the Samurai who visits Yoshida?
4. Why does Jiro worry about Hanji?
5. Why does Fusamu go into fits of shrieking?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)