|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, 'A Matter of Life and Death'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jiro shocked when the play opens that night?
(a) There are few people in attendance.
(b) His brother is there.
(c) His father is there.
(d) His mother is there with his father.
2. What does Jiro explain about Yoshida?
(a) That he is afraid to confront Yoshida.
(b) What he has learned about Yoshida.
(c) That Yoshida will probably make Jiro leave the theater.
(d) That Yoshida saved him once.
3. What does Jira say he will try to arrange for Kinshi?
(a) A meeting with Yashida.
(b) A way to keep his assigned job.
(c) A meeting with Saburo.
(d) A bigger part in the next play.
4. What does Jiro decide to do?
(a) Apprentice himself to the blacksmith.
(b) Go offer himself as an apprentice to Yoshidaq.
(c) Work a small plot of land near the forest.
(d) Go to the big city to find work.
5. What does Jiro hope about his father?
(a) He will get a job with Yoshida also.
(b) He will let Jiro come back home.
(c) He will come to the performance.
(d) He will recover from his bad fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Yoshida?
2. Why is Kinshi worried about his part in the next performance?
3. What does Jiro want his mother to do when he sees her in the audience?
4. What does Kinshi say the left-hand operators will do?
5. What does Yoshida tell the boys to get?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)