|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, 'A Matter of Life and Death'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening when Jiro gets to the theater?
(a) There is a small fire.
(b) A performance is in progress.
(c) Officials are trying to make Yoshida pay more taxes.
(d) The sets are being changed.
2. How do the boys decide to give Kinshi his role back?
(a) To appeal to Yoshida.
(b) They do not see how they can do so.
(c) To appeal to Okada.
(d) A last-minute swap.
3. Who is Mochida?
(a) A kind man who oversees the apprentices.
(b) The head of the puppet's guild.
(c) The head of the blacksmith's guild.
(d) Yoshida's tailor.
4. About whom do Jiro and Hanji talk with another man?
(a) A cloth merchant.
(b) A wool merchant.
(c) A rice merchant.
(d) A new offcial.
5. For what are the boys preparing?
(a) The Emperor's birthday.
(b) The New Year.
(c) Okada's birthday.
(d) Yoshida's birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jiro know he cannot turn in Yashida?
2. What does Kinshi steal to celebrate?
3. What does Mochida ask Jiro the next morning?
4. What does Jiro admire about the boy who is disciplined?
5. To whom does Jiro apprentice himself?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)