|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, 'Night Rovers'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kinshi worried about his part in the next performance?
(a) He has broken his toe.
(b) He has been assigned as foot operator for a difficult part.
(c) He is not worried.
(d) He cannot seem to remember his lines.
2. In what disguise do Saburo and his crew pull off the robbery?
(a) As peasant farmers.
(b) As sailors.
(c) As soldiers.
(d) As Komuso monks.
3. What list does Yoshida post?
(a) The names of the expected attendees of the opening night of the new play.
(b) The rotation of cleaning and scrubbing duties.
(c) The boys' roles in the new play.
(d) A list of new words in the play.
4. Why does Jiro worry about his decision?
(a) He is afraid of failure.
(b) He is afraid he will miss his brothers.
(c) He is of making his parents angry.
(d) He worries that his mother will miss him.
5. What does Jiro decide to do on the New Year instead of celebrating with the others?
(a) Go to talk to his brother.
(b) Go see his mother.
(d) Work overtime for some food for his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the character Joman resemble?
2. Who has fallen in love with Joman?
3. Who wrote the play, "The Thief of the Tokaido"?
4. What does a fishmonger arrive to tell those at the theater?
5. What does Jiro do to prepare for his part in the new production?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)