|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, 'Night Rovers'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what has Yoshida just sent word?
(a) He needs a whole set of children puppets.
(b) He does not need the new puppet Hanji is making.
(c) He needs a special Empress puppet.
(d) He needs several new puppets.
2. What does Kinshi say he did the last time there was a new play?
(a) Memorized all the lines.
(b) Stole Yoshida's personal copy.
(c) Suggested some new puppets for it.
(d) Changed some of the lines.
3. What are the wealthy in the town saying?
(a) The poor do not deserve to eat.
(b) The poor need to work harder.
(c) The police are incompetent.
(d) They will not trust the police again.
4. What tells Yoshida tell Jiro to do?
(a) Get ready for the performance.
(b) To watch the play once to understand the plot.
(c) To go home.
(d) To sit in the corner quietly until after the performance.
5. What does Yoshida eventually decide to do?
(a) Appeal to the Shogun.
(b) Appeal to the Emperor.
(c) Defy the authorities.
(d) Put on a play called The Battle of Dannoura.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what disguise do Saburo and his crew pull off the robbery?
2. Why is the merchant supposedly arrested?
3. What does a fishmonger arrive to tell those at the theater?
4. How does Jiro feel about himself in regards to his family?
5. Who does the character Joman resemble?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)