|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, 'Night Rovers'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jiro feel about himself in regards to his family?
(a) That he should help his family more.
(b) That they believe in him.
(c) That he is just a nuisance.
(d) That they resent him being alive.
2. What does Jiro decide to do on the New Year instead of celebrating with the others?
(a) Go see his mother.
(b) Go to talk to his brother.
(d) Work overtime for some food for his mother.
3. How many ryo are placed as a reward on Saburo's head?
4. What happens to Jiro's mother when she goes to the shrine to get food?
(b) She is attacked on the way home.
(c) She is given work in the Shogun's house.
(d) She is killed.
5. Who is Kinshi?
(a) A beggar boy Jiro meets at the blacksmith's stable.
(b) The boy Jiro saw being disciplined.
(c) The son of Saburo.
(d) The blacksmith's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jiro irritable as Kinshi practices?
2. How does Saburo's gang rob the merchant's house?
3. Who does the character Joman resemble?
4. About what has Yoshida just sent word?
5. How does Saburo's gang convince a merchant that the merchant is under arrest?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)