|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, 'The Proof in the Storehouse'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jiro do the next morning after speaking to Mochida?
(a) Writes his mother a letter.
(b) Goes to visit his grandfather.
(c) Runs away to the city.
(d) Goes to see his father.
2. What have some people started doing at night?
(a) Setting fire to weathly men's homes.
(b) Helping Saburo's gang.
(c) Wandering the streets and throwing stones at wealthy men's homes.
(d) Gathering in secret groups.
3. What is Jiro chosen to hold on stage one day?
(a) A rocket.
(b) A basket.
(c) A boat.
(d) A clam.
4. What happens after the play is done?
(a) The people stand and chant Saburo's name.
(b) The lights go out and a voice makes a statement.
(c) Nothing out of the ordinary.
(d) The soldiers start clubbing people.
5. What happens to the snipe?
(a) It gets caught in the clam.
(b) It breaks.
(c) It falls off stage.
(d) Its mechanism squeals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mochida's response to Jiro's question?
2. What is the bird on the crest of the Samurai who visits Yoshida?
3. Who is at the door one night when Jiro and Kinshi hear a banging sound?
4. Where are Hanji and Isako?
5. What does Yashida order Jiro to do?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)