|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, 'The Proof in the Storehouse'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jiro find when he is stealing the text of the next play?
(a) A letter from Yoshida to Saburo.
(b) A letter from Hanji to Yoshida.
(c) A basket hat.
(d) Nothing out of the ordinary.
2. How does Jiro respond to Yashida's questioning?
(a) Jiro feigns ignorance.
(b) Jiro says Kanshi is taking medicine to Jiro's mother.
(c) Jiro starts crying.
(d) Jiro tells the truth.
3. What is Mochida's response to Jiro's question?
(a) There is no more work.
(b) Jiro may visit Hanji.
(c) The puppet is unbalanced.
(d) Jiro has to work longer for a recommendation.
4. What does Jira say he will try to arrange for Kinshi?
(a) A way to keep his assigned job.
(b) A meeting with Yashida.
(c) A bigger part in the next play.
(d) A meeting with Saburo.
5. Where does Jiro decide to practice his part?
(a) The stable.
(b) In the practice room.
(c) In the upstairs storeroom.
(d) Down by the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jiro want his mother to do when he sees her in the audience?
2. What does Jiro hope about his father?
3. What does Jiro ask Mochida?
4. Who is at the door one night when Jiro and Kinshi hear a banging sound?
5. What is the bird on the crest of the Samurai who visits Yoshida?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)