|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Battle of Shiloh was a surprise to the northerners. Why?
(a) They were exhausted and poorly prepared.
(b) They were not very intelligent.
(c) They did not know there was an army nearby.
(d) They did not know the country was in war.
2. Chapter eight," Grant and American Democracy", details Grant's views on what?
(a) The Constitution.
(b) Human rights.
(d) The Founding Fathers.
3. Additionally, the men who were enlisted were mainly stationed on and around the __________________ River to protect trade and settlement routes.
(a) Rio Grande.
4. WWII would become what for Hitler?
(a) Revenge for the death of his mother.
(b) A nightmare.
(c) An exciting adventure.
(d) His re-creation of WWI, only with Germany arising victorious.
5. In a nutshell, Hitler saw war as what?
(a) A challenge.
(c) A necessary evil.
(d) Survival of the fittest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Included in Chapter Five are several photos and renderings of Grant, including a portrait and whose surrender at Vicksburg?
2. The army was down to about ________ thousand men.
3. Hitler taunted who's ignorance of the Clausewitz work?
4. Did Hitler occupy any of these grandiose lodgings?
5. Keegan points out that there are some factors overlooked or glossed over by many _____________________ regarding Hitler's early war experiences.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Hitler's impact on and relationship with his soldiers?
2. Describe the prestige of West Point. Did this prestige help Grant in his career? Why or why not?
3. Why was World War I called "the" war?
4. How was Hitler affected by World War I?
5. How was Hitler helped in his plan to destroy Poland?
6. How does Grant's opinion of the progress of war compare to that of the other leaders mentioned? Why?
7. How did the attack on Fort Sumter affect Grant? Why?
8. How did the results of World War I affect World War II?
9. Why might some factors regarding Hitler as a soldier have been overlooked?
10. Describe Hitler's early military experience.
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)