|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Hitler spend much of his time during the war?
(a) In large, beautiful lodgings.
(b) In bleak surroundings and in mosquito-infested forests.
(c) In Belgium.
(d) In an apartment in Berlin.
2. Hitler's final words echoed the same things he had said at the onset of WWII in 1939, that he would ask no more of the German man than he would _________________.
(a) Give of the German man.
(b) Ask of his family.
(c) Give of himself.
(d) Ask of others.
3. By this time, assassination attempts had been made on Hitler's life, a fact that increased security _____________________ by staying hidden away.
(a) And would increase Hitler's effectiveness.
(b) But would also limit Hitler's effectiveness.
(c) And would also create anger in the German people.
(d) But would also increase people's faith.
4. The United States only had _____________ thousand men compared to the two hundred thousand men in Britain's army.
5. Additionally, the men who were enlisted were mainly stationed on and around the __________________ River to protect trade and settlement routes.
(a) Rio Grande.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political was Grant a part of?
2. In a nutshell, Hitler saw war as what?
3. The regiment in which Hitler served was filled with the type of people Hitler longed to be with but what?
4. How many thought that Grant would rise up through the ranks as he did?
5. Hitler believed that Germany could rise if only what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the soldiers in Grant's army.
2. What did Grant think about the reason for the Civil War? Do you agree? Why or why not?
3. How was Hitler helped in his plan to destroy Poland?
4. How does Grant's opinion of the progress of war compare to that of the other leaders mentioned? Why?
5. Why might Grant not have wanted to surrender? What does this reveal about him?
6. Why might some factors regarding Hitler as a soldier have been overlooked?
7. Who was Clausewitz? How was he misunderstood by Hitler?
8. What was Hitler's impact on and relationship with his soldiers?
9. How did the attack on Fort Sumter affect Grant? Why?
10. How was Hitler affected by World War I?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)