|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter eight," Grant and American Democracy", details Grant's views on what?
(a) The Constitution.
(b) The Founding Fathers.
(c) Human rights.
2. Chapter six, "Hitler in Command", may be the ____________ chapter in the text.
(a) Least important.
(b) Most important.
(c) Most boring.
(d) Most unusual.
3. Was staying hidden terrible to Hitler?
(a) No, because he no longer wanted to be out in public.
(b) No, because he was ascinated by the machine that was the Catholic Church.
(c) Yes, because he wanted to be seen by his people.
(d) Yes, because he missed the attention from the crowds.
4. Hitler believed the axiom meant that an army should first destroy his enemies in the field and then do what?
(a) Occupy their capital.
(b) Clean up the field.
(c) Burn the capital.
(d) Return home.
5. Keegan outlines Hitler's strategies and includes pertinent information from various sources, including notes from a conference in ___________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a replacement for his presence, in what did Hitler engage?
2. Grant, like many other commanders, was elected to head a recruiting committee for ___________.
3. The author says, "Few today think of Hitler as a soldier. But it was as a soldier, quite as much as a politician or ____________ - the strangest of his delusions - that he thought of himself" (p. 235).
4. Hitler believed that Germany could rise if only what?
5. Where did Hitler spend much of his time during the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was it suggested that Grant surrender at the Battle of Shiloh?
2. How did the northerners compare to the southerners?
3. Describe Hitler's early military experience.
4. How did Grant's approach to battle compare to Alexander's?
5. Why was World War I called "the" war?
6. How was Hitler helped in his plan to destroy Poland?
7. What was Hitler's impact on and relationship with his soldiers?
8. How did Hitler feel about his life? How might this have influenced decisions he made as a leader?
9. Describe the soldiers in Grant's army.
10. What is Grant's military philosophy?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)