|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. WWII would become what for Hitler?
(a) His re-creation of WWI, only with Germany arising victorious.
(b) A nightmare.
(c) An exciting adventure.
(d) Revenge for the death of his mother.
2. On what did Clausewitz focus?
(a) The battlefield.
(b) Occupation of the capital.
(c) The reparations that must take place after a battle.
(d) The end of the battle.
3. Hitler was well known for adopting the axiom of whom?
4. Hitler taunted who's ignorance of the Clausewitz work?
(a) His soldiers'.
(b) The Americans'.
(c) His generals'.
(d) The British's.
5. Lincoln recognized what in Grant?
(a) His fortitude.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His skill.
(d) His will.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grant would be inaugurated as the __________________ president.
2. The regiment in which Hitler served was filled with the type of people Hitler longed to be with but what?
3. Chapter seven, "Hitler and the Theatre of Leadership", discusses Hitler's ________________ that he would be able to command loyalty until death from the inner sanctum at the Forbidden City.
4. Keegan details Hitler's early years in the __________________ regiment, where he would receive his military training.
5. Keegan details the progression of war and what is referred to as ______________________, noting the size of the armies of various countries.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might Grant not have wanted to surrender? What does this reveal about him?
2. What was Hitler's impact on and relationship with his soldiers?
3. Why was World War I called "the" war?
4. How did Grant realize an error pre-war regarding his men?
5. How was Hitler affected by World War I?
6. How did the results of World War I affect World War II?
7. Why was it suggested that Grant surrender at the Battle of Shiloh?
8. Describe the soldiers in Grant's army.
9. Why is Chapter Six, "Hitler in Command", possibly the most important chapter in this book?
10. How was Hitler helped in his plan to destroy Poland?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)