|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter six, " Grant on Campaign", discusses what?
(a) Grant's men.
(b) Grant's personal habits while on campaign.
(c) Grant's relationships with the men.
(d) Grant's military strategies.
2. West Point would go on to graduate many notable people, including President Eisenhower, James McNeil Whistler, and __________________.
(a) Jackson Pollock.
(b) Bob Fosse.
(c) Reba McIntyre.
(d) Edgar Allan Poe.
3. Keegan states that if there is any one historical document that details the Civil War in its entirety, that document would be what?
(a) The Personal Memoirs of Abraham Lincoln.
(b) The Letters of Abraham Lincoln.
(c) The Letters of U.S. Grant.
(d) The Personal Memoirs of U.S. Grant.
4. Keegan outlines Hitler's strategies and includes pertinent information from various sources, including notes from a conference in ___________________.
5. Hitler taunted who's ignorance of the Clausewitz work?
(a) The Americans'.
(b) His soldiers'.
(c) His generals'.
(d) The British's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many thought that Grant would rise up through the ranks as he did?
2. Hitler had served as a __________________, a front fighter, in World War I, wherein he was wounded three times.
3. The year was 1862, and Grant was serving as the Commander of the District of __________________.
4. Did Hitler occupy any of these grandiose lodgings?
5. WWII would become what for Hitler?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Grant realize an error pre-war regarding his men?
2. What was Hitler's impact on and relationship with his soldiers?
3. Why did Hitler go into hiding? How did Hitler adapt to being in hiding?
4. How did the results of World War I affect World War II?
5. Describe the soldiers in Grant's army.
6. Why is Chapter Six, "Hitler in Command", possibly the most important chapter in this book?
7. Describe Hitler's early military experience.
8. What is Grant's military philosophy?
9. Why was World War I called "the" war?
10. How did Grant receive some notoriety? How did he feel about how he got this notoriety?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)