|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Wellington leave to chance?
(a) All aspects of battle.
(b) Some small details.
(d) Almost everything.
2. Where did Wellington attend school?
3. There is not much mention of Philip taking part in Alexander's life until the boy was about age ______________.
4. Did Aristotle have a long and irreversible impact on Alexander?
(a) Yes, but only at first.
(d) Yes, but not at first.
5. The closest tally of battles and sieges reached included _____________ battles and eight sieges, not counting those Wellington participated in as a subordinate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Olympias and Philip were a good match - passionate, loving, and committed by _____________________.
2. Chapter one, "Alexander the Great and Heroic Leadership," begins with Keegan comparing Alexander to Napoleon, Attila the Hun, Genghis Khan, Prince Charles, Hitler and others. Does the author believe any of these leaders can compare to Alexander the Great?
3. Technically, the victory in battle meant that Alexander was now what?
4. Wellington had first witnessed warfare in _________ in Holland.
5. The Macedonian army was different from that of the _______________ in that it was essentially a militia in which the citizens had the right to bear arms.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wellington's war record and number of battles compare to Alexander the Great's?
2. How does Wellington's life reveal that he was a man of great persistence, resilience, and fortitude?
3. Describe Alexander's education.
4. How was Alexander able to conquer Persia?
5. Compare the upbringing of both Wellington and Alexander.
6. Describe Wellington's dress during a battle. Why might he have dressed this way?
7. Why was, and is, it important for a leader to have good oration skills?
8. What did Castlereagh think of Wellington? Why? How did this affect Wellington?
9. What did Wellington do when the French set fire to the chateau at Hougomont? Why did he do this?
10. Why might the author use the word "abstractedly" to describe Wellington?
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)