|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Alexander's famous horse?
2. More widely believed, even if incorrectly, is what legend?
(a) Wellington feared his soldiers.
(b) Wellington did not want to be a leader.
(c) Wellington detested his soldiers.
(d) Wellington adored his soldiers.
3. When did Wellington come alive in his military career?
(a) After the Battle of Waterloo.
(b) While in military school.
(c) After his military stint in India.
(d) Before his military stint in India.
4. Where did Wellington attend school?
5. It is surmised that both Wellington and Napoleon, uniquely adept at grasping higher learning concepts, may have been exposed to a classical learning technique that involved the use of _______________.
(b) Mnemonic devices.
(d) Flash cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aristotle would become known as one of the world's most brilliant philosophers and the founding father of ___________.
2. Even with _________________ soldiers, Darius was unable to outsmart Alexander, who perfectly executed a plan to attack Darius from the rear rather than wait to face the ruler head on at Cilicia.
3. How long did Wellington spend in India?
4. Many of the soldiers were considered to be ___________ by Alexander.
5. The French were determined to throw a web of alliances over the principalities as a sign of allegiance to whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wellington's life reveal that he was a man of great persistence, resilience, and fortitude?
2. Describe the army Alexander inherited from his father.
3. How does Alexander look as he rides into battle? Why is this important?
4. Why were other soldiers jealous of Wellington? Should they have been jealous? Why or why not?
5. Overall, do you believe that Alexander was a great leader? Why or why not?
6. How was Alexander's melodramatic personality both a help and a hindrance?
7. Describe Alexander's relationship with his men. What does this reveal about his character?
8. How was Wellington rewarded for his military success? Why was he rewarded in this way?
9. Describe Alexander's ten-year march. Why did he do this?
10. What did Castlereagh think of Wellington? Why? How did this affect Wellington?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)