|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alexander had a select infantry known as _______________, whose main job it was to surround and protect Alexander.
(a) The Body Guards.
(b) The Elite.
(c) The Shield Bearers.
(d) The Secret Service.
2. Once Wellington took the reins, he had participated in an average of how many battles per year, not counting the years taken off during peacetime or tending to other duties?
3. The closest tally of battles and sieges reached included _____________ battles and eight sieges, not counting those Wellington participated in as a subordinate.
4. One of the biggest benefits of Wellington's scarce idle time is what?
(a) The commander could not get himself into trouble.
(b) Not much is known about the commander.
(c) The commander wrote a great deal.
(d) The commander never made mistakes.
5. For how long did Alexander march?
(a) Ten years.
(b) One year.
(c) Five years.
(d) Twenty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Wellington spend in India?
2. The ___________________ love drama and the theatre.
3. Throughout Alexander's childhood, the boy was well educated in many areas suitable to a young royal. Alexander's education included learning to sing and play the lyre, hunt, ride, and to debate, and to appreciate epic poetry, mostly as it related to whom?
4. How did Wellington dress when going into battle?
5. Where did Wellington attend school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wellington's life reveal that he was a man of great persistence, resilience, and fortitude?
2. What did Castlereagh think of Wellington? Why? How did this affect Wellington?
3. Describe Alexander's ten-year march. Why did he do this?
4. Describe Alexander's parents' personalities and relationship.
5. To whom does Keegan compare Alexander the Great in Chapter One? What is the outcome of this comparison?
6. How was Alexander able to conquer Persia?
7. Describe Alexander's education.
8. How was Alexander's melodramatic personality both a help and a hindrance?
9. Compare the upbringing of both Wellington and Alexander.
10. How does Wellington's war record and number of battles compare to Alexander the Great's?
This section contains 1,244 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)