|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Wellington dress when going into battle?
(a) Like an American soldier.
(b) Like a commanding officer.
(c) Like a French commanding officer.
(d) Like a civilian.
2. When did Wellington come alive in his military career?
(a) After his military stint in India.
(b) Before his military stint in India.
(c) While in military school.
(d) After the Battle of Waterloo.
3. The Battle of Shiloh was a surprise to the northerners. Why?
(a) They were not very intelligent.
(b) They did not know the country was in war.
(c) They were exhausted and poorly prepared.
(d) They did not know there was an army nearby.
4. Lincoln recognized what in Grant?
(a) His skill.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His will.
(d) His fortitude.
5. Once Wellington took the reins, he had participated in an average of how many battles per year, not counting the years taken off during peacetime or tending to other duties?
Short Answer Questions
1. Was the plan to destroy Poland before the English and French could intervene due to Hitler?
2. Many of the soldiers were considered to be ___________ by Alexander.
3. Why did Grant did not approve of the tactics used regarding the Rio Grande venture?
4. The author says, "Few today think of Hitler as a soldier. But it was as a soldier, quite as much as a politician or ____________ - the strangest of his delusions - that he thought of himself" (p. 235).
5. The United States only had _____________ thousand men compared to the two hundred thousand men in Britain's army.
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)