|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Wellington dress when going into battle?
(a) Like a civilian.
(b) Like a commanding officer.
(c) Like a French commanding officer.
(d) Like an American soldier.
2. The author says, "Few today think of Hitler as a soldier. But it was as a soldier, quite as much as a politician or ____________ - the strangest of his delusions - that he thought of himself" (p. 235).
(a) A dancer.
(b) A musician.
(c) An artist.
(d) An actor.
3. What ideas of Wellington impressed Castlereagh?
(a) Protecting France with naval power.
(b) Protecting Portugal with air power.
(c) Protecting Spain with naval power.
(d) Protecting Portugal with naval power.
4. Western civilization considered WWI as ___________ war due to its impact on European culture and history as well as the mystery surrounding the war itself.
5. WWII would become what for Hitler?
(a) An exciting adventure.
(b) A nightmare.
(c) His re-creation of WWI, only with Germany arising victorious.
(d) Revenge for the death of his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Alexander's day, many men made their living by performing as what?
2. When was Alexander born?
3. One of the biggest benefits of Wellington's scarce idle time is what?
4. The United States only had _____________ thousand men compared to the two hundred thousand men in Britain's army.
5. Technically, the victory in battle meant that Alexander was now what?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)