|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Additionally, the men who were enlisted were mainly stationed on and around the __________________ River to protect trade and settlement routes.
(c) Rio Grande.
2. When ______________, Grant's colleague and friend, approached with the same thoughts of surrender, Grant's demeanor immediately showed his determination.
3. The author says, "Few today think of Hitler as a soldier. But it was as a soldier, quite as much as a politician or ____________ - the strangest of his delusions - that he thought of himself" (p. 235).
(a) A musician.
(b) A dancer.
(c) An actor.
(d) An artist.
4. Wellington had first witnessed warfare in _________ in Holland.
5. Keegan compares Alexander to whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Wellington took the reins, he had participated in an average of how many battles per year, not counting the years taken off during peacetime or tending to other duties?
2. The Macedonian army was different from that of the _______________ in that it was essentially a militia in which the citizens had the right to bear arms.
3. ___________________, a contemporary of Wellington's from Calcutta, described the man thus: "He was all life and spirits. In height he was about 5 feet 7 inches (in fact nearer 5 feet 10 inches) with a long pale face, a remarkably large aquiline nose, a clear blue eye and the blackest beard I ever saw" (p. 106).
4. For how long did Alexander march?
5. Grant's devotion to the U.S. was ______________________.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)