|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Also included in the chapter are maps of which of Grant's conquests?
(a) At Shiloh and Vicksburg.
(b) At Gettysburg and Vicksburg.
(c) At Shiloh and Gettysburg.
(d) At Fredericksburg and Chancellorsville.
2. Describe this person who wrote this axiom?
(a) He was a member of the Nazi Party.
(b) He was a German military leader during WWI.
(c) He was a military historian and author of the 1812 essay titled, "Principles of War".
(d) He was a German professor.
3. Overall, Hitler was considered to be a _______________ soldier.
(b) Poorly trained.
(d) Good and dedicated.
4. It was Grant's ____________________ that let people know he was a commander.
(a) Position in rank.
5. WWII would become what for Hitler?
(a) A nightmare.
(b) His re-creation of WWI, only with Germany arising victorious.
(c) Revenge for the death of his mother.
(d) An exciting adventure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alexander wanted to go after and slay Darius, but what happened?
2. Wellington chose to make plans and do what?
3. What was Alexander's preliminary goal during those years?
4. Keegan outlines Hitler's strategies and includes pertinent information from various sources, including notes from a conference in ___________________.
5. Keegan points out that there are some factors overlooked or glossed over by many _____________________ regarding Hitler's early war experiences.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)