|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Philip died, it was clear that it was Alexander's time to assume power at the tender age of ___________.
2. Aristotle would become known as one of the world's most brilliant philosophers and the founding father of ___________.
3. Why did Olympias' and Philip's relationship fall apart?
(a) He had an affair.
(b) He was preoccupied with politics and war.
(c) Philip had lost all of his wealth.
(d) She fell in love with another man.
4. How did Wellington dress when going into battle?
(a) Like a civilian.
(b) Like a French commanding officer.
(c) Like an American soldier.
(d) Like a commanding officer.
5. Wellington chose to make plans and do what?
(a) Change the plans frequently.
(b) Ignore the plans.
(c) Whatever he could to avoid fighting a great battle.
(d) Attack quickly without thinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Keegan outlines Wellington's daily schedule, which included just __________ hours of sleep and supreme focus.
2. Once Wellington took the reins, he had participated in an average of how many battles per year, not counting the years taken off during peacetime or tending to other duties?
3. ___________________, a contemporary of Wellington's from Calcutta, described the man thus: "He was all life and spirits. In height he was about 5 feet 7 inches (in fact nearer 5 feet 10 inches) with a long pale face, a remarkably large aquiline nose, a clear blue eye and the blackest beard I ever saw" (p. 106).
4. It was ______ months later before Alexander and Darius met again.
5. The Macedonian army was different from that of the _______________ in that it was essentially a militia in which the citizens had the right to bear arms.
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)