|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The closest tally of battles and sieges reached included _____________ battles and eight sieges, not counting those Wellington participated in as a subordinate.
2. How did Wellington dress when going into battle?
(a) Like a civilian.
(b) Like an American soldier.
(c) Like a French commanding officer.
(d) Like a commanding officer.
3. Why did many of the other soldiers view Wellington with some jealousy?
(a) He was very wealthy.
(b) He was the son of a marginal lord.
(c) He was the son of a duke.
(d) He was the king's nephew.
4. The author states that Alexander was deeply affected by two things during his childhood - his love of Homer's epic poetry and the extreme and eccentric beliefs of whom?
(a) Da Vinci.
5. There is not much mention of Philip taking part in Alexander's life until the boy was about age ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Macedonian army was different from that of the _______________ in that it was essentially a militia in which the citizens had the right to bear arms.
2. How was Alexander toward his men?
3. Alexander was the __________________ son of Philip II of Macedonia and Olympias.
4. By 3:00 on Sunday the __________, the battle at Waterloo was in full swing.
5. The spears were ________________ feet long and quite heavy; therefore, they were not used in battle per se, although they might be seen on the periphery.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)