|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Awards and titles were also lavished on Wellington by whom?
(a) The Spanish and Portuguese.
(b) The French and the Italians.
(c) The Portuguese and the French.
(d) The French and the Spanish.
2. The ___________________ love drama and the theatre.
3. During the early morning hours, Wellington took time to write his dispatch, which would later appear in its entirety where?
(a) In the Paris Post.
(b) In the London Times.
(c) In the London Chronicle.
(d) In the New York Times.
4. Once Wellington took the reins, he had participated in an average of how many battles per year, not counting the years taken off during peacetime or tending to other duties?
5. Did Aristotle have a long and irreversible impact on Alexander?
(a) Yes, but not at first.
(b) Yes, but only at first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the major difference between Wellington and Napoleon regarding battle?
2. Chapter one, "Alexander the Great and Heroic Leadership," begins with Keegan comparing Alexander to Napoleon, Attila the Hun, Genghis Khan, Prince Charles, Hitler and others. Does the author believe any of these leaders can compare to Alexander the Great?
3. What staff training existed in Wellington's day?
4. Did Wellington have any sympathy for offenders?
5. What was the name of Alexander's famous horse?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)