|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Macedonian army was different from that of the _______________ in that it was essentially a militia in which the citizens had the right to bear arms.
2. How did Wellington dress when going into battle?
(a) Like a French commanding officer.
(b) Like an American soldier.
(c) Like a commanding officer.
(d) Like a civilian.
3. Describe Olympias.
(a) Not demure or inexperienced.
(b) Demure and inexperienced.
(c) Shy and quiet.
(d) Cold-hearted and mean.
4. Where did Wellington attend school?
5. It was ______ months later before Alexander and Darius met again.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long did Alexander march?
2. In Alexander's day, many men made their living by performing as what?
3. It is surmised that both Wellington and Napoleon, uniquely adept at grasping higher learning concepts, may have been exposed to a classical learning technique that involved the use of _______________.
4. Alexander had a select infantry known as _______________, whose main job it was to surround and protect Alexander.
5. Wellington had first witnessed warfare in _________ in Holland.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)