|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At age ___________, Alexander went to war under Philip's command for the first time.
2. Alexander developed a reverence for what Greek god?
3. The Macedonian army was different from that of the _______________ in that it was essentially a militia in which the citizens had the right to bear arms.
4. Wellington so impressed Castlereagh that the thirty-seven-year-old soldier was soon a trusted confidant and advisor on one military scheme after another. One of those schemes included keeping an eye on whose activities?
(a) King Richard's.
(b) George Washington's.
(d) Kaiser Wilhelm.
5. Alexander paid a visit to the Oracle and it was said that the Oracle referred to Alexander as the son of whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. It is surmised that both Wellington and Napoleon, uniquely adept at grasping higher learning concepts, may have been exposed to a classical learning technique that involved the use of _______________.
2. Why did many of the other soldiers view Wellington with some jealousy?
3. One of Wellington's aims upon his return home was to help save ______________, who had fallen into scandal.
4. The French were determined to throw a web of alliances over the principalities as a sign of allegiance to whom?
5. What is the major difference between Wellington and Napoleon regarding battle?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)