|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe Olympias.
(a) Not demure or inexperienced.
(b) Cold-hearted and mean.
(c) Demure and inexperienced.
(d) Shy and quiet.
2. Why did Olympias' and Philip's relationship fall apart?
(a) She fell in love with another man.
(b) He was preoccupied with politics and war.
(c) He had an affair.
(d) Philip had lost all of his wealth.
3. Like many royals, Alexander had a tutor. Alexander's tutor of __________ years also happened to be a brilliant student of Plato's, a man named Aristotle.
4. What the Kingdom of Macedon poor?
(a) No, it was the second wealthiest nation in the region.
(c) No, it was the wealthiest nation in the region.
(d) No, it was just not as rich as its neighbors and enemies.
5. The Macedonian army was different from that of the _______________ in that it was essentially a militia in which the citizens had the right to bear arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Keegan compares Alexander to whom?
2. Many of the soldiers were considered to be ___________ by Alexander.
3. The author states that Alexander was deeply affected by two things during his childhood - his love of Homer's epic poetry and the extreme and eccentric beliefs of whom?
4. Philip had been married _________ times by the time he married OIympias and would marry another three times afterward, casting Olympias and the other wives aside as he tired of them.
5. The spears were ________________ feet long and quite heavy; therefore, they were not used in battle per se, although they might be seen on the periphery.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)