|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long did Alexander march?
(a) One year.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Twenty years.
2. How was Alexander toward his men?
(a) Cold and uncaring.
(b) Neutral and fair.
(c) Mean and hateful.
(d) Generous and caring.
3. Alexander developed a reverence for what Greek god?
4. Alexander had a select infantry known as _______________, whose main job it was to surround and protect Alexander.
(a) The Elite.
(b) The Shield Bearers.
(c) The Secret Service.
(d) The Body Guards.
5. Like many royals, Alexander had a tutor. Alexander's tutor of __________ years also happened to be a brilliant student of Plato's, a man named Aristotle.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author states that Alexander was deeply affected by two things during his childhood - his love of Homer's epic poetry and the extreme and eccentric beliefs of whom?
2. What was Alexander's preliminary goal during those years?
3. In Alexander's day, many men made their living by performing as what?
4. What the Kingdom of Macedon poor?
5. Throughout Alexander's childhood, the boy was well educated in many areas suitable to a young royal. Alexander's education included learning to sing and play the lyre, hunt, ride, and to debate, and to appreciate epic poetry, mostly as it related to whom?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)