|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Olympias' and Philip's relationship fall apart?
(a) He was preoccupied with politics and war.
(b) Philip had lost all of his wealth.
(c) He had an affair.
(d) She fell in love with another man.
2. For how long did Alexander march?
(a) One year.
(b) Five years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Ten years.
3. The spears were ________________ feet long and quite heavy; therefore, they were not used in battle per se, although they might be seen on the periphery.
4. Alexander was the __________________ son of Philip II of Macedonia and Olympias.
5. How was Alexander toward his men?
(a) Generous and caring.
(b) Mean and hateful.
(c) Neutral and fair.
(d) Cold and uncaring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alexander developed a reverence for what Greek god?
2. Philip had been married _________ times by the time he married OIympias and would marry another three times afterward, casting Olympias and the other wives aside as he tired of them.
3. The Macedonian army was different from that of the _______________ in that it was essentially a militia in which the citizens had the right to bear arms.
4. Alexander could, however, claim an abundance of natural resources, livestock, grains, and fertile lands. The latter was due in part to what?
5. Technically, the victory in battle meant that Alexander was now what?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)