|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alexander developed a reverence for what Greek god?
2. The spears were ________________ feet long and quite heavy; therefore, they were not used in battle per se, although they might be seen on the periphery.
3. The author states that Alexander was deeply affected by two things during his childhood - his love of Homer's epic poetry and the extreme and eccentric beliefs of whom?
(d) Da Vinci.
4. Did Aristotle have a long and irreversible impact on Alexander?
(b) Yes, but not at first.
(c) Yes, but only at first.
5. Once Wellington took the reins, he had participated in an average of how many battles per year, not counting the years taken off during peacetime or tending to other duties?
Short Answer Questions
1. Even with _________________ soldiers, Darius was unable to outsmart Alexander, who perfectly executed a plan to attack Darius from the rear rather than wait to face the ruler head on at Cilicia.
2. There is not much mention of Philip taking part in Alexander's life until the boy was about age ______________.
3. Why did Olympias' and Philip's relationship fall apart?
4. Awards and titles were also lavished on Wellington by whom?
5. Many of the soldiers were considered to be ___________ by Alexander.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)