|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Awards and titles were also lavished on Wellington by whom?
(a) The French and the Spanish.
(b) The French and the Italians.
(c) The Portuguese and the French.
(d) The Spanish and Portuguese.
2. Keegan outlines Wellington's daily schedule, which included just __________ hours of sleep and supreme focus.
(a) A couple of.
3. What was the name of Alexander's famous horse?
4. Philip had been married _________ times by the time he married OIympias and would marry another three times afterward, casting Olympias and the other wives aside as he tired of them.
5. One of Wellington's aims upon his return home was to help save ______________, who had fallen into scandal.
(a) His uncle.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Macedonian army was different from that of the _______________ in that it was essentially a militia in which the citizens had the right to bear arms.
2. Like many royals, Alexander had a tutor. Alexander's tutor of __________ years also happened to be a brilliant student of Plato's, a man named Aristotle.
3. How long did Wellington spend in India?
4. Wellington was well known for having _____________ routine, which is credited for much of his success in planning campaigns.
5. ___________________, a contemporary of Wellington's from Calcutta, described the man thus: "He was all life and spirits. In height he was about 5 feet 7 inches (in fact nearer 5 feet 10 inches) with a long pale face, a remarkably large aquiline nose, a clear blue eye and the blackest beard I ever saw" (p. 106).
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)