|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alexander wanted to go after and slay Darius, but what happened?
(a) Darius escaped.
(b) He was called away just long enough for the defeated ruler to escape.
(c) Darius went into hiding.
(d) He was injured.
2. Many of the soldiers were considered to be ___________ by Alexander.
3. The inner core of the army was __________________, comprised of about three thousand men, two thousand of which rode into Asia.
(a) Cavalier Company.
(b) Platoon leaders.
(c) Cavalry Companions.
4. Throughout Alexander's childhood, the boy was well educated in many areas suitable to a young royal. Alexander's education included learning to sing and play the lyre, hunt, ride, and to debate, and to appreciate epic poetry, mostly as it related to whom?
5. Why did many of the other soldiers view Wellington with some jealousy?
(a) He was the son of a marginal lord.
(b) He was the king's nephew.
(c) He was very wealthy.
(d) He was the son of a duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long did Alexander march?
2. Olympias and Philip were a good match - passionate, loving, and committed by _____________________.
3. There is not much mention of Philip taking part in Alexander's life until the boy was about age ______________.
4. What war did an uprising in Spain and Portugal against the French emperor later become?
5. How did Wellington dress when going into battle?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)