|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What the Kingdom of Macedon poor?
(b) No, it was the second wealthiest nation in the region.
(c) No, it was the wealthiest nation in the region.
(d) No, it was just not as rich as its neighbors and enemies.
2. It is surmised that both Wellington and Napoleon, uniquely adept at grasping higher learning concepts, may have been exposed to a classical learning technique that involved the use of _______________.
(a) Flash cards.
(c) Mnemonic devices.
3. The author states that the only things that saved Wellington from sure death were his superior riding skills and the presence of __________________, his prize steed.
4. In 1806, Wellington realized what dream?
(a) Of being accepted by his military peers.
(b) Of being married.
(c) Of graduating from college.
(d) Of becoming a military leader.
5. Once Wellington took the reins, he had participated in an average of how many battles per year, not counting the years taken off during peacetime or tending to other duties?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Philip died, it was clear that it was Alexander's time to assume power at the tender age of ___________.
2. How much did Wellington leave to chance?
3. When was Alexander born?
4. It was ______ months later before Alexander and Darius met again.
5. Like many royals, Alexander had a tutor. Alexander's tutor of __________ years also happened to be a brilliant student of Plato's, a man named Aristotle.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)