|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, when does NASA plan to get a probe with supplies to Mark?
2. How far does the Hab blow from the airlock?
3. If Mark doesn’t drive the rover, how long will a single charge of the batteries keep the regulator going if the heater if off?
4. On Sol 477, what percent is the solar cell efficiency?
5. During a conference in Houston in Chapter 21, what problem is brought up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How well does Mark’s bedroom work when he does his test drive?
2. What luxury items are planned to be sent with the probe?
3. In Chapter 15, why doesn’t Dr. Keller want to reduce Watney’s intake to make the rations last longer?
4. What frustrates Mark on Sol 114?
5. What does Mark do while his batteries recharge?
6. What is Rich Purnell’s job?
7. On Sol 385, why does Mark begin making a tent?
8. On Sol 376, what does Mark relate about his schedule?
9. How do they buy an additional eleven days to get Iris launched sooner?
10. Where is NASA getting a booster for the probe to send to Mark?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mark is faced with a challenge when he packs for the trip to the MAV. Why is packing such a challenge? Why does he have to store some things in the rover and some in the trailer? Why does he test his plan before he leaves?
Essay Topic 2
Mark found himself alone on Mars. What is Mark’s attitude when he realizes he is alone? How does he describe his condition? How does a night’s sleep affect his attitude?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 19, Ares 3 crew members are allowed to talk with family members on Earth. What types of conversations do the crew members have with their loved ones? Are any of the family members upset about the increase in mission time?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)