|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, how many times a day does Mark have to go to the rover for email?
2. According to mission rules, how many people could be in a rover at once?
3. On Sol 116, how many days until Mark’s potatoes are ripe?
4. Iris is the goddess of ______________.
5. How many solar cells were damaged when the rover fell?
Short Essay Questions
1. On Sol 376, what does Mark relate about his schedule?
2. In Chapter 15, why doesn’t Dr. Keller want to reduce Watney’s intake to make the rations last longer?
3. How does Mark plan to store his potatoes once they’re grown?
4. What accident does Mark have, and how much time does he lose?
5. What will Mark use as a bedroom and why when he gets to the MAV?
6. On Sol 385, why does Mark begin making a tent?
7. How does Mark figure out the direction of the storm?
8. How well does Mark’s bedroom work when he does his test drive?
9. How is Vogel’s family doing?
10. Why does Mark decide not to visit Opportunity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mark found himself alone on Mars. What is Mark’s attitude when he realizes he is alone? How does he describe his condition? How does a night’s sleep affect his attitude?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, Mark finds himself in danger. What is the most dangerous thing that Mark experiences on Mars? What gets him through these dangerous events?
Essay Topic 3
The Chinese donate a booster to Mark’s rescue mission. How did the Chinese happen to have a booster ready to go? Why did they decide to let NASA use it? What did the Chinese get in exchange?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)