|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many kilometers does Mark have to travel to get to Schiaparelli?
2. On Sol 116, how many days until Mark’s potatoes are ripe?
3. During the storm that caused Mark to be left behind, how much did AL102 stretch?
4. According to mission rules, how many people could be in a rover at once?
5. When Mark makes his test drive, how far will he be from the Hab?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is NASA getting a booster for the probe to send to Mark?
2. What does Mark do on Air Days?
3. In Chapter 15, why doesn’t Dr. Keller want to reduce Watney’s intake to make the rations last longer?
4. What is Rich Purnell’s job?
5. What luxury items are planned to be sent with the probe?
6. Why does Mark have to learn Morse code?
7. How does Mark plan to store his potatoes once they’re grown?
8. Why does Mark decide not to visit Opportunity?
9. How does Mark lose communication with Earth?
10. What is Mark’s biggest problem on Sol 122?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 17, how is the Pathfinder damaged? What are the consequences of the damage? How does Mark communicate after the Pathfinder is damaged?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 19, Ares 3 crew members are allowed to talk with family members on Earth. What types of conversations do the crew members have with their loved ones? Are any of the family members upset about the increase in mission time?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 7, Mark embarks on the Sirius missions. What are the Sirius missions? What is the purpose of the missions? What does Mark gain from the missions?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)